Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Last year it took this long for the 6. Probably the same this year.

My phone is jailbroken, all set up and I loovveee my battery right now. Its a 6S. My previous 6S was HORRIBLE and I returned it and got the sim free one.

I don't want to play the exchange game so Im hoping a screen replacement is possible soon. I did this with my iPhone 6 a few times bc the front camera kept moving. Apple kept insisting a full phone replacement but I kept saying no just the screen lol.

No screen replacements until end of November was their estimate.

As an update my home button was found to be defective. Full phone was replaced.

Reactions: AndrewR23

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
No screen replacements until end of November was their estimate.

As an update my home button was found to be defective. Full phone was replaced.
Kk. My home button works fin it's just loose. I'll be happy to wait until then.

elit3nemesis

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2009
I am having the same issue where there is a minor click before pushing in the home button. I want to wait until I know they will replace the button/screen. I have the better processor so I don't want to risk the chance of losing it.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
I am having the same issue where there is a minor click before pushing in the home button. I want to wait until I know they will replace the button/screen. I have the better processor so I don't want to risk the chance of losing it.
You are in the same position as me. They told me end of November and another guy in here said that as well.

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
So here we go again.. Except this time with our rose gold 6S.

Out of nowhere the home button has become extremely unstable (more then the 6S I originally posted about).

Again Touch ID now only works about 50% of the time.

Both were launch phones.

KiraYamato

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2015
So here we go again.. Except this time with our rose gold 6S.

Out of nowhere the home button has become extremely unstable (more then the 6S I originally posted about).

Again Touch ID now only works about 50% of the time.

Both were launch phones.
Out of curiosity, how was your replacement phone? You were quite fearful of having it replaced, since you felt your original phone was perfect bar the home button.

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Out of curiosity, how was your replacement phone? You were quite fearful of having it replaced, since you felt your original phone was perfect bar the home button.

Going on 3 weeks now no issues. Phone is perfect *knocks on wood*. We have a genius appointment tomorrow to swap the rose gold phone, unless they can do screen/button replacements now (which I doubt).

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Going on 3 weeks now no issues. Phone is perfect *knocks on wood*. We have a genius appointment tomorrow to swap the rose gold phone, unless they can do screen/button replacements now (which I doubt).
End of November for those. I'm waiting for my home button to be fixed via screen replacement. Got a nice screen, amazing battery and everything set up. Don't want to deal with the apple lottery either.

Reactions: KiraYamato

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
End of November for those. I'm waiting for my home button to be fixed via screen replacement. Got a nice screen, amazing battery and everything set up. Don't want to deal with the apple lottery either.

From what they told me last time they likely won't be doing home-button fixes. Full screen replacements only. I'm more paranoid about them going in and fixing something vs a defective phone out of the box, especially since they aren't on refurbs yet.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
From what they told me last time they likely won't be doing home-button fixes. Full screen replacements only. I'm more paranoid about them going in and fixing something vs a defective phone out of the box, especially since they aren't on refurbs yet.
They always replace the screen to fix home button issues since the 5S. I always go that route instead of service replacements. Better luck for me

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
They always replace the screen to fix home button issues since the 5S. I always go that route instead of service replacements. Better luck for me

Still unknown when they'll be able to change the screens. Saying now it might not be until December sometime.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.