Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gentrinity

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2012
Had the exact same issue, couldn't get rid of the "untitled dvd" option in the sidebar window of every Finder window.

Open the Disk Utility Application, select your CD/DVD Rom Drive
Choose the Yellow & black BURN option. It should open up a window asking "Select Image to Burn"

Instead of choosing a folder - simply select the "Untitled DVD" option in the sidebar and drag and drop it elsewhere. You should see it "poof" disappear.

Worked for me, hope this helps someone else.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Had the exact same issue, couldn't get rid of the "untitled dvd" option in the sidebar window of every Finder window.

Open the Disk Utility Application, select your CD/DVD Rom Drive
Choose the Yellow & black BURN option. It should open up a window asking "Select Image to Burn"

Instead of choosing a folder - simply select the "Untitled DVD" option in the sidebar and drag and drop it elsewhere. You should see it "poof" disappear.

Worked for me, hope this helps someone else.

You can do the same without Disk Utility in Finder, with just dragging it off or holding down the CMD key while dragging it off.

rachinc

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
what program can you use to open plist?

OK, think I may have a way for you to delete it. The alias is stored inside com.apple.sidebar.plist found /Users/username/Library/Preferences/

Open that up and look for the entry named "Untitled DVD" in your case and delete the top level containing that reference highlighted, see attachment. Then save the .plist

Log out and log back in again or relaunch finder and it should be gone.

Can you please tell me what program you're using to open the plist? I'm referring to that screen shot you posted. It looks like you opened the plist in some program, because when I go to the preferences folder, I see "com.apple.sidebarlists" but it doesn't have anything below it like your picture

----------

You can do the same without Disk Utility in Finder, with just dragging it off or holding down the CMD key while dragging it off.

holy crap that worked thank you so much

Skyfarmer

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2009
Cmd-Opt-Click, drag, poof worked for me when all other methods failed.

I found that one by simple guess work. Cmd Click did not work, it just opened a new window

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.