Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

severe

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
2XL Supercross and Star Defense look great, at first glance!

Actually, they all do.

Let's move it, Apple! ;-)

cubedweller

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2007
I agree. They all look pretty good. My favorite is definitely Star Defense. Pretty cool idea..and I love the graphics. :)

~E

ipoppy

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2006
UK
Nice, its getting better and better even on this hardware. Can you imagine what will be available after OS 3.0 and new iPhone in June:D

Go go developers.:p:p

iMacoo7

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Destin, Florida
does anyone find it odd that the first game , you cannot see the iPhone design, just like the very last game within the set of games presented. Does anyone think maybe they are using a prototype model.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
does anyone find it odd that the first game , you cannot see the iPhone design, just like the very last game within the set of games presented. Does anyone think maybe they are using a prototype model.

no, don't find it odd. to capture good video, it can be easier in a darkened room. and I personally filmed the last video. It was an iPod Touch.

arn

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Too many good games, too little time. (Star Defense, at least, interests me. I'm sure I'll buy it.)

iMacoo7

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Destin, Florida
no, don't find it odd. to capture good video, it can be easier in a darkened room. and I personally filmed the last video. It was an iPod Touch.

arn
HA! Thanks for the clarification Arn, So you already have a prototype of the Game star defense?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
HA! Thanks for the clarification Arn, So you already have a prototype of the Game star defense?

I don't have it. I was able to play/tape it at GDC a couple of weeks ago. Can't say too much about actual game-progression since it was in "god" mode where you had unlimited funds. They were still working on gameplay balance at the time. The mechanics of the game are great. Solid/smooth.

arn

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
I don't have it. I was able to play/tape it at GDC a couple of weeks ago. Can't say too much about actual game-progression since it was in "god" mode where you had unlimited funds. They were still working on gameplay balance at the time. The mechanics of the game are great. Solid/smooth.

arn

Wow, that game actually looks really fun. Can't wait till it comes out!

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
You have some great upcoming games coverage, Arn! :) Star Defense looks extremely polished, although it's not my type of game. Galaxy on Fire, assuming the bugs are fixed in the 1.0.1 release, also looks like a great addition to the iPhone stable (someone should do a port of the classic Wing Commander I/II games!).

Finally, if Terminator: Salvation is indeed an extension of the engine Brothers in Arms for iPhone used, and it has the production values the former game did, resolves the minor irks with controls, and perhaps adds a little more length, it could end up being one of the best games on the iPhone despite being a movie tie-in. Brothers in Arms, aside from being too short and having control issues with the vehicles (but not on foot) was stunning.

AforAndromeda

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2009
UK
I might get old and die before I play Pheonix again... What a pity.

Anyone out there... Pretty please. Pheonix please.

You'll make an old man very happy.

:D

Diapason

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2009
Apparently, the popular game Myst is also coming up next on the iPhone. The name will not be iMyst, but just Myst ;)

Guys at the mystonline.com forum are talking about end of April as a possible release.

There is also a Video from AppVee, with a preview of the game posted yesterday on YT

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
GALAGA is NOW available in the US iTunes Store. $5.99

There is also a LITE version for Free.

I have purchased and hoping it works on 3.0 but this one goes with my classics of Missile Command and Space Invaders...God the Quarters I threw down on these games!!!:D:D:D

AntiAunt

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2009
The app store is chipping away at my wallet...

Star Defense looks sweet but I wonder how it will actualy play. Part of me hopes it'll suck so I can save the $$$ :p

thunderweb

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Bend OR
2XL Supercross is the best game I have played for iPod Touch. Far better than anything graphics-wise, seems like your playing a PS3 game. Kinda short though, needs more options for gameplay, career mode or something like that. I finished the game in 30 minutes but it's addictive at least. The controls are amazing. A+

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.