Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J Michael T

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Thanks. So far resetting my prints and restarting my phone has not worked. I barely was able to reset one print. It worked perfectly before the update. Grrr

lip3281

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
Thanks. So far resetting my prints and restarting my phone has not worked. I barely was able to reset one print. It worked perfectly before the update. Grrr

What do you mean it barely was able to reset the print? It wasn't reading your finger to even store the print?

Maybe try resetting the entire phone and try backing it up?

Or a hard reset?

J Michael T

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
So basically my Touch ID went from flawless to detecting my finger one out of every 20 or 30 touches.

lip3281

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
So basically my Touch ID went from flawless to detecting my finger one out of every 20 or 30 touches.

That's awful man. Sorry I'm not much help, hope it gets fixed though. Did you try reinstalling 7.01 or hard resetting it?

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
Try reinstalling the OS. Something obviously went wrong if it used to work and now it doesn't. Mine works even better than before tbh.

rogertoh16

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2013
Touch ID not working after upgrade

Just update my iphone to 7.1 and immediately the sensor stop working. Anyone encounter the problem? Help.

J Michael T

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Some hints

Seems to be happening to alot of users. I'm out of town so I can't do a full restore right now. But here are some findings: works fine if I allow the phone to auto-lock; never works if I lock the phone manually then I try to unlock using the Touch ID sensor.

rogertoh16

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2013
Seems to be happening to alot of users. I'm out of town so I can't do a full restore right now. But here are some findings: works fine if I allow the phone to auto-lock; never works if I lock the phone manually then I try to unlock using the Touch ID sensor.

Did a DFU restore, reset without restoring data, still the same. But I notice that if did a reboot of the iphone and immedialty use finger sensor, it will work a little for a while.

----------

Same here, talking to apple now

Did they tell you anything?

----------

Try reinstalling the OS. Something obviously went wrong if it used to work and now it doesn't. Mine works even better than before tbh.

Did a few time, even Mac & windows PC still the same.

jdmass

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2008
Actually, for me, the update greatly improved Touch ID - it's now back to working the way it did when I first got my 5s. I tried it repeatedly last night with different finger and didn't get a single failure.

Cancelled
Jul 3, 2013
Just made sure and tested with all my saved fingerprints both from manual lock and auto lock. Works perfect and quickly. Sorry you guys are having problems but I assure you my 5S is working solidly. (Using four prints btw).

J Michael T

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Cup half full

Well, at least the animation that shows me it's not working looks great!

:rolleyes:

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
It's unfortunate some people are experiencing this. I am not one of them, Touch ID works flawlessly for me, but, as always when it comes to software, bugs exist and effect certain individuals.

All I can say is that hopefully all of you experiencing this are reporting it to Apple (either on the phone, or through online feedback). Hopefully for you all, we'll see a 7.1.1 update in the near future to address this issue.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
The majority from what I seen are having an improved experience with Touch I.D. after the iOS 7.1 update. For the folks with issues it's probably best just to do a system restore. Things happen.

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
7.1 update improved mine a lot. I used to have problem with sweaty fingers but now it works fine.

rogertoh16

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2013
Went to apple support and they did a few restore and still couldn't get it work. Which after they willing to change the set for me.

J Michael T

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Not what I want

Went to apple support and they did a few restore and still couldn't get it work. Which after they willing to change the set for me.

I hope I don't end up doing that. I'm getting ready to go out of town and I have Friday to do a restore and see if that corrects the problem. Ugh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.