UPDATE: some1 found my iphone and sent an email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mbernard, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbernard macrumors newbie

Thank you for those of you who deserve a thank you. Thank you to the mods for removing my info.

Just so everyone knows, the individual who lost his phone and I have spoken. A simpe google search can turn up just about anything. As I said to him, "it is amazing what you can find on the internet".

I never had the phone in my possesion, I would never steal something even if I found it. I am going to try and help him recover the phone, even if that means involving the police.

Please do not spam my work email address... the company does not tread lightly on these things.

:cool: peace.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Sucks that a pack of random people found it necessary to spam your personal info all over this site. Glad you and the original owner are working things out. When some of them grow up they'll realize how stupid and disrespectful it was for them to spam your work e-mail address without knowing the facts in the first place.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Good on you for helping out!

The person who lost the phone and those who "helped" in the other thread handled that incredibly poorly. Hope nothing too negative comes out of it.

4. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

Wow, that's really unfortunate and inconsiderate. I would get the police involved.

5. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

You sound like a very nice, honest, and forgiving person. I hope others, that were quick to jump in the wrong direction, can learn from this. I also hope that the original OP has learned from this. And, my hat is off to some thoughtful people on the original post, that were trying to help in a positive direction....

6. taran420 macrumors 6502a

i didnt read the other thread, but dont take it too seriously. This forum is crawling with young teens who have nothing better to do then be as$holes

7. jpaguia macrumors newbie

hey all, OP from the first thread. mbernard and i are working together trying to clear all this up.

never have i accused, in my first post, that she was the person in possession of my phone, merely implying since that was my only lead.

thanks for everyone trying to help out

and tuffluffjimmy sorry for typing bc like that, ill make sure i type b/c next time or because. laugh out loud...better?!

8. taran420 macrumors 6502a

just read the thread and come to a conclusion that some posters on this board dont know HOW TO READ. Someone on the first page posted that he knows someone who works there and they can help sort things out, yet no one listened to that person and kept posting crap.

9. jpaguia macrumors newbie

i actually read that part and tried to send a PM but couldnt fig it out. 'alent1234' actually did help out and reached through with their connect

thanx again.

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yes, you were only "merely implying." Way to back track. So, "merely implying" is okay?

11. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

Glad you worked things out. Sorry that you got caught in the middle. And yes, I'm still reading your twitts :)

12. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

What planet are you from? You asked if you should hack her account, email asking why she has your phone. Everything you said implied she had your phone. When the hell is it okay to IMPLY such things? Just because you don't explicitly say she stole your phone, or is in possession of your phone doesn't mean it's okay to treat her like she does.

13. DrewG5 macrumors member

I find lots of good info on this site for the most part... This on the other hand is just plain drama...

14. jpaguia macrumors newbie

ummm...thats y i posted on a message board. for advice. i didnt say "yo somebody hack into her account so i can get back at her for stealing my phone"

in the planet im from, we read, have options, and ask for opinions

we can argue back an forth for grammar or call for a witchhunt on my end all night but at the end of the day, ur not involved and ive already spoken to her in civil manner like i said i would

15. XciteMe macrumors 6502

I call shenanigans. Kinda fishy that both the iPhone owner and the "finder" both created accounts here....

16. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Yah, you're right. I'm sure the whole having an actual e-mail address for someone whom has a very public job with a reputable company and several other social networking accounts associated with that e-mail address was all part of their master plan to provide MacRumors with entertainment.

Can't get anything past you troll.

17. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

The OP posted here because he had an iPhone related issue. And the Second poster posted because she was notified of this thread by a coworker that is a regular macrumors member.

18. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Did you help get the phone back to the person yet?

19. Mr. Gates macrumors 68020

Mr. Gates

--Redmond --------- ----------------Washington---
    I support you, TUffLuFFjimmy is always making comments that irritate people. Don't worry, I dislike him too

20. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You support jpaguia making misleading statements?

21. Mr. Gates macrumors 68020

Mr. Gates

--Redmond --------- ----------------Washington---
    Not sure I agree, this situation is for sure a back and forth loaded question. However, everytime I see a comment from TuffLuffJimmy bashing somebody to make himself feel righteous, I feel like supporting the other person.

BTW ...... I am done with this thread

22. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

:confused:
    I'm guessing you meant to be ironic. Considering there's no way someone could post something so irritating about someone else being irritating.

EDIT: Way to edit your post, and then say you're done with this thread :rolleyes:

23. jpaguia macrumors newbie

lock this thread up...

alright boys n girls....everything worked out and picked up the phone this morning.

for those that read thru all this bs, thanks and your welcome for the entertainment haha.

24. mbernard thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I returned the phone this morning.

I would just like to say that although this worked out for the individual that lost his phone, I don't agree that it was the best way to handle the situation. If someone had just emailed me in the first place, the phone could have been returned sooner.

It would have saved you the headache of this thread and saved me from having to look over my shoulder.

Have a little faith in humanity........

Ciao

25. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Actually, the best way to handle the situation is for the person who found the phone to contact the owner of the phone, instead of thinking it's a free device and started taking photos and sending random emails.

If that had happened, your info would never been posted on the web.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.