Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbernard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2009
I resent that!

I resent that because it implies I had something to do with the the disappearance of the phone.

For the record, a young kid who works for me bought the phone off of a friend.

I was desperate to take some photos for a newspaper advertisement and my digital camera battery was dead.

I asked everyone that I could find if they had a camera or camera phone and this one was offered up for me to borrow.

After I took the pictures (I took like 20), I quickly emailed myself 3 of them and then handed the kid back his phone, rushed back to my office and dropped them into the ad I was creating.

End of story, right?

Wrong. Instead I start getting emails threatening me to return the phone I stole. Then I get warning emails from people saying my personal info is plastered on a message board. The insinuation was that I stole the phone.

Imagine my surprise when I found this website and imaging my horror as I read through post after post. Although, I found out a few new things about myself. Apparently I am dishonest, a thief, and oh! a WITCH!! Who knew? Think I am going to apply to Hogwarts....

Maybe I shouldn't have posted this and been the bigger person, but I do not want to be associated with any of those things, and am the only one who can set the record straight.

Yeah, the person who found the phone should have returned it. Instead they suckered a young guy into buying it off of them. When I told him it was stolen he was truly upset.

In the end, he and I are the ones that got screwed.

OK, so I am getting off my soap box. No more drama. I don't have an IPhone... I like my blackberry.

Have a nice day.

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Actually, the best way to handle the situation is for the person who found the phone to contact the owner of the phone, instead of thinking it's a free device and started taking photos and sending random emails.

If that had happened, your info would never been posted on the web.

She wasn't the one who found the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.