Updated Macbook Pros in 2 weeks (Another Source)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thebeat, Feb 1, 2008.

1. thebeat macrumors regular

Hey guys, I don't know if I am allowed to post a link to the APPLEINSIDER forum.. but they claim to have found another source that the new Macbook Pros will release within 2 weeks. It will also be revised to look have the Macbook Air features (black keys, track pad etc.).

It QUOTES:

"This info comes to you from London via an Englishman working at Apple, (and there are more than you think ;-))

A revised MacBook Pro with a Leopard 10.5.2 update was meant to debut at MacWorld but neither was ready.

The delay for the MBP was caused by Intel Penryn processors not being available due to some production glitch. As we all know, Apple doesn't like to announce products too far ahead of their shipping dates - with the notable exception of the iPhone - so decided to delay the launch. Penryn-based PCs now good to go and begin shipping Monday.

Expect new MBP 15-inch and 17-inch within two weeks. 17-inch gets LED.

New MBP DOES feature a slightly revised case design with the new black keyboard from MBA and a larger trackpad, but is basically very similar to existing design. Think evolution not revolution.

The idea is to achieve a commonality of look across the range.

SSD will be an option offering an exceptionally fast boot time < 30 seconds.

Also seen lurking in the corridors of Cupertino was an aluminum MacBook 13". Initially available in silver, my source reckons annodised black, blue, pink and other colours will be available around September. New MacBooks will be a big story later this year. One of the range (I don't know which, maybe the black one) will have a superior spec that basically makes it a MacBook Pro 13"."

Here is the link: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=83903

2. JWest macrumors 6502

I tend not to trust sources that are just "Oh, I heard from some guy who works for Apple that new MBP's are coming"...

3. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

SSD option on MBP won't happen 'til the ssd drives are over 128GB @ a 'reasonable' $$ ..

The Color Option won't happen..

4. lbeaumont macrumors member

Because $1000 is a real reasonable price for 64gb :rolleyes: - the high price doesn't seem to deter Dell and Apple to sell them.

I hope this is true, that would mean I will probably recieve the MBP in 'O Week' for uni.

5. Lyshen macrumors 6502

As always rumors and speculations always coming out...

Hope its true but we will see soon enough. I'm just waiting waiting waiting...

6. heatmiser macrumors 68020

I'm still sticking to my late spring/early summer prediction. We'll see...

7. 7even macrumors 6502a

Sounds like the summary of every rumor I've seen so far. Meh.

8. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

9. profiteor macrumors member

At any price, SSDs just double in capacity in a year or so. Last year's $1000 SSD was the 32GB.

$1000 seems to put most laptops at the high USD $3000 range, which seems to be just under some virtual ceiling* of $4000, so I don't expect a 128GB till it costs $1000. Which is next year or so.

*For lack of a better term. Statistically it seems most laptops fall under this unless you work real hard to max them out in a reasonable manner. Buying RAM from Apple doesn't count ;)

10. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

11. Joko macrumors 6502

Joko

Great success!

It will be nice to see a new macbook pro that can do lots of things, and faster too.

12. signatus macrumors member

signatus

According to Hardmac.com, there will possibly be an MBP update on Feb. 12th.

13. cenetti macrumors 6502

They better update it quick....I need one like NOW!....
    or thinkpads going to get my money......

14. ironMonkey macrumors member

Am I the only one who thinks the MB keyboard is atrocious? I was typing on one about 3 days ago and the short stroke and gapped design makes long typing sessions uncomfortable. Please don't replace, apple!

15. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

If Macbook were going Aluminium, I would probably buy that instead of a Macbook Pro :) but I think this is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

...But as I said in a previous post, we keep hearing rumours "Macbook Pro's coming in 2 weeks", then a week later, "Macbook Pro's coming in 2 weeks", then again, "Macbook Pro's either next week or the week after".

I'm guessing this will continue until the Macbook Pro's are actually updated...but it's getting very tired!

16. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

I see that coming, i see that coming to an aluminum macbook too!

Apple is going for aluminum and black i think. I like it, its such a pretty design

But i see a future aluminum macbook coming in assorted colors.

17. Pees330 macrumors 6502

I guess I could go for the black keys. The Macbook Air's are starting to grow on me.

18. kabunaru Guest

This rumor to me sounds believable.
    I hope the new MacBook Pros come soon.

19. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

this rumour would be more beliveable if we hadn't heard these same sorts of stories and "information" about 50 times before about the release of the MBP

frankly all these games are getting a bit tiresome

20. Martin C macrumors 6502a

Martin C

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

That I believe, the quality on the laptops is rather poor at the moment IMO.

22. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

A big BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for the MB like keyboard. I like my powerbook style keyboard better.

23. heatmiser macrumors 68020

One month ago, people were 100% sure there would be an upgrade to the MBP on January 15th.

Didn't happen.

There's no such thing as a definitive update; it's all just speculation.

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Intel delayed Penyrn, Apple can't update until Apple have the chips.

The advantage of the MB keyboard is that you don't lose keys.

25. kolax macrumors G3

That is a rumour I'd love to come true.

Sounds good about having multi-coloured MacBook's, and a Pro end sized MacBook.

As for the MacBook style keyboard on the Pro - I guess I could adapt to it.