Upgrade bugs ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by OCHammer, Jun 23, 2010.

1. OCHammer macrumors newbie

Since I upgraded to 4.0,my photos are blurry and some apps don`t work right.Anyone else having probs ?And,what can I do to get my photos clear again ?
    Thanks for any help for this newb.

2. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I think this is a problem with iOS4 and theyre trying to fix it, ive heard multiple complaints.

3. DolmenRage macrumors member

I also have some bugs with my iPod 2G. I put iOS4 in it yesterday, used it to workout with Nike+ (which, by the way, also has some bugs that didn't used to happen), and then stopped using it. It was completely charged. Today, I plug my iPod in and the battery is completely drained! What the ****?

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Did you turn wi-fi off?

5. DolmenRage macrumors member

It was never on.

6. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Then i have no idea. :eek::(

7. OCHammer thread starter macrumors newbie

I plugged in to the pc,downloaded a couple of apps and when I was done,my picture prob was fixed.Clear as before.Some apps are still buggy..

8. mtnbikemama macrumors member

I had the same problem & was really upset, but then I re-synced my photos & everything seems to be working well. (At least for now.)

9. shmeffrey macrumors member

My touch won't sync a lot of playlists since I have upgraded to iOS4, it pretty much only syncs the playlists that were on it before I upgraded. I have removed all music and tried to sync a few playlists but it doesn't work. Later I will try to restore it and see what hapens.

10. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Good Luck!

11. ascendedoshen macrumors member

Patience

That's because not all apps are updated be patient!

12. Wren523 macrumors newbie

os4.0 upgrade problems

I agreed to upgrade my itouch to 4.0. I lost all my playlists and now it won't let me put any back on- I get an error message that there is a problem with every song in my playlist and they can't be added. YIKES! This is terrible. I just tried again and when I plugged it in - a message came up that there was interruption while it was trying to restore contents and would I like it to continue to restore and I said yes and then up comes error restoring this ipod error-34.

13. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

I had the same issue, I went into the Photo tab when syncing my iPhone 3GS and found that it wasn't "checked" (to sync photos), although I had previously checked it, and I had 1.7GB of photos/videos on my iPhone.

I checked it again, sync'd, and I'm all good now.

14. Wren523 macrumors newbie

Restore question

In Ipod Help it says if I select "Restore" on the Summary Screen for my itouch when it's plugged in to the mac, it will restore to the most recently backed up version. But next the Restore button it says it will restore to original settings??? So which is it? And how can I restore to where it was before update? Thanks.

15. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

So you want to go back to 3.1.3.?

16. Wren523 macrumors newbie

I just want to have my playlists back and be able to put music on my itouch, so if that means going back to the version before 4.0, YES!! I wish I'd never done this update.
    Okay, I removed itunes and reinstalled it. Then I restored my itouch to Oct 2009. No playlists came back but now I can add music again. I thought by doing that restore to October, the version of my itouch OS would be 3 or 2 something, but it still says it 4.0???

17. mac2x macrumors 65816

There's a Safari bug that I ran into...I did a Google search and the little pane where you type your search stuck on. Only rebooting the touch (32 GB 3rd gen) fixed it.

18. shmeffrey macrumors member

So I did two restores - one restore with backup and one restore from fresh; and still same thing some playlists are not syncing.

I wish I had never upgraded, it could be a while until 4.1 is released to fix these bugs.

19. caphex macrumors newbie

Dead Battery

Sweet. Had a full charge on my 3G iPod with the 4.0 upgrade when I went to bed last night and I wake up with it at 15%! Does this mean I have to turn off wi-fi every time I put the thing in standby? The router was right within 15 ft of it so I know it wasn't having trouble with a signal.

20. Matt-Man-Plus macrumors regular

I also have one playlist that just won't sync for whatever reason. Hope they fix it soon.

21. mac2x macrumors 65816

Go to your backup disk (assuming you use time machine on a Mac) and look at the following folder:

Code:
    ~/Library/iTunes/iPod Software Updates
    The restore file should be there, and it has the OS version in the name.

Mine:

Code:
    iPod3,1_4.0_xxxxx_Restore.ipsw
    The x's delete part of the iPod's serial number. ;)

22. Wren523 macrumors newbie

Thank you Mac2x. Unfortunately, I did not set up Time Machine. I didn't understand what it was or how to do it, but I will find out now.
    I appreciate your time in answering and I will use the info in the future if I lose my playlists again.

23. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

I had one playlist that came up blank on my iPod Touch 2G after upgrading to IOS4. The fix.. I unchecked that playlist and synced my Touch so those songs were removed from my touch. Then I deleted the playlist. Then I recreated the playlist and checked it and resynced. The playlist now had it's songs back on my iPod Touch.

I love the new layout for playlists btw. This is how I organized it in iTunes and this is how I wanted it to look on my Touch... ios4 finally made it happen. Bluetooth still works with my bluetooth headphones... so far so good... I'm happy.