Upgrade Delay Due to Delayed WHITE iPhone 5 Release

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rizzm, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

So I just remembered this, and maybe it's causing problems for others and their carriers.

If anyone remembers, the WHITE iPhone 5 wasn't released for several weeks after the iPhone 5 release. One of my lines ordered a white one, and now isn't eligible for an upgrade until October 10th. We are on AT&T by the way. If anyone is wondering why they can't upgrade, and they bought a white iPhone 5, then this may be the reason.

Hopefully this helps someone!

2. GoSh4rks macrumors 6502

The white was definitely available on launch.

3. flipshot macrumors 6502a

The iPhone 4 has a delay for White, not the 5.

4. Rizzm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Really now... I could've sworn it was the 5. If this is the case, then I have no idea why I can't upgrade one line until October 10th since two iPhones on the account were purchased on the same day, and one was available to upgrade to the 6.

5. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

You're confused. It was the white 4S that was delayed. I got a white 5 on launch day.

6. averlus macrumors regular

Doesn't explain why my space gray 6+ of which color was ~plentiful last launch is delayed till October when I ordered as soon as apple's site started working

7. bigchrisfgb macrumors 65816

It was the white iPhone 4 that was delayed. It was so delayed that by the time it came out some people waited for the 4s to be released.