Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

romeo.xk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
The two SIM are not compatible because they are two different sizes!!! Last three phones are all using Nano sims not micro-Sims.
LOL!
The two SIM are not compatible because they are two different sizes!!! Last three phones are all using Nano sims not micro-Sims.
LOL!

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202645
[doublepost=1509728707][/doublepost]
Worked for me. Moved my sim from my 7 to X and it worked though i did still have to enter my activation info (SSN and zip) so I may still get charged a fee. We'll see.

I'm thinking we will get charged, I might just use the new SIM...

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
Can you go to AT&T with the sim in the old phone and ask for a new one then install it in the new phone later? Verizon will give me a new sim if I say I'm having issues which I can say could be intermitent. A tad unethical but so is the bogus BS charge they want to give us for staying a customer.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Yep, carriers are great at nickling and diming people left and right

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
We don't all pay for it.

I've been with Verizon since my Nokia 5120 in 1998... and I called them up last month and got a credit for the $30 fee on both my 8 Plus and iPad Pro.

Loyalty baby!

Well I just tried to switch out my new sim with old one to not get charged and it wouldn’t activate my service. I had to use new one!
[doublepost=1509730149][/doublepost]
LOL!

It didn’t work bro!

TIMBACK

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2007
So if you ordered a iPhone X under a different number on your account, you can't put a different sim? I ordered a phone under my Kids number , but i am using the phone under my number.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
So if you ordered a iPhone X under a different number on your account, you can't put a different sim? I ordered a phone under my Kids number , but i am using the phone under my number.

Well I just tried to use my old sim and phone would not activate till I popped the new one back in!

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
TMO instituted a fee. I sent them a message via the app. They credited my account immediately. Sometimes they do OK. Pretty impressed with this launch TBH.

TIMBACK

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2007
Can you activate the new sim to a new number? or is it automatically preprogrammed to the phone number you bought it with?
Thanks

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Can you activate the new sim to a new number? or is it automatically preprogrammed to the phone number you bought it with?
Thanks

I think it goes with the IMEI number it was attached to.. not sure at this point of anything..
[doublepost=1509731404][/doublepost]On another note, Face ID is hella fast. As I am taking it out of my packet I already have the swipe up motion down so it’s open when I’m looking at it..

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Well I just tried to switch out my new sim with old one to not get charged and it wouldn’t activate my service. I had to use new one!
[doublepost=1509730149][/doublepost]

It didn’t work bro!

Then ATT changed things to guarantee they get their activation fee! I have done this on the last 3 iphones with zero problems and I am not alone.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
I seem to have been able to circumvent activating my iPhone X on T-Mobile by declining to activate during initial setup when it asks you to call the number and use the SIM card number that ships with the phone. I've tried making calls and sending texts to non-iOS users and everything seems to work just fine.

Of course they could ultimately slap me with the fee when the bill comes at the end of the month.

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
TMO instituted a fee. I sent them a message via the app. They credited my account immediately. Sometimes they do OK. Pretty impressed with this launch TBH.

What fee? No one mentioned a fee at any point in the order process. How much is it?

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
What fee? No one mentioned a fee at any point in the order process. How much is it?
AT&T want's $25 and Verizon want 's $30, not sure about T-Mobile and Sprint. However you can avoid the fee by reusing your existing SIM on AT&T and Verizon.

Yes, it does still work. I did it twice today on both of my iPhone X from AT&T and once for my neighbor on Verizon. Make sure your iPhone X off when you swap the SIM. On Verizon when you get the dumb message about calling Verizon just click "Next".

Dave

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.