Upgrade from 1G to 4G - Issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kagazoid, Mar 26, 2011.

1. kagazoid macrumors newbie

Mar 26, 2011
    I just received a 4th generation iTouch for my birthday. It's pretty amazing, but I have a few issues. First of all, when I connected it to my Mac, I got a message telling me that it was not compatible with my current version of iTunes. No problemo. I went to Apple's website and downloaded iTunes version 10.something. Slight problemo. When I tried to install it, I found out that it will not install on anything less that OS X 10.5 (I'm running 10.4). So if I want to use the new iTouch with iTunes on my Mac, I'm going to have to spring for a new version of OS X. No thanks. I'll just use my new Windows 7 PC. So I downloaded the latest and greatest version of iTunes to the PC, copied my iTunes music library folder from the Mac to the PC and everything is more or less functional. But what about the apps I purchased from the iTunes store? I purchased them, right? I should be able to download them, right? I mean, I OWN THEM, RIGHT? Apparently not. I don't see any way to re-download my apps. Am I missing something here? And what about plain old data? Is there any way I can copy the notes files from the old iTouch to the new one?
  2. wordoflife macrumors 604

Jul 6, 2009
    Just buy the apps again and you'll get a message saying that "You have already bought this app ... so you will not be charged for it" . Or you could use home sharing to transfer the apps (not sure if that works with apps) or you can plug your old iPod Touch to the PC and transfer purchases.