Upgrade now or wait?

JCarmona

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2014
97
55
Hi everyone,

I have an iPhone 6S 64Gb and lately I've become relatively obsessed with the 7+; having a larger screen and the dual camera seem amazing (I use it recently at an Apple Store and fell in love with it)

Waiting 6-7 months for the 7S version seems too far away, but might be the reasonable thing to do.

The iPhone 8 is 99% out of the question (smaller screen than 5.5; the flaws in the recently launched MacBook Pro seem to be better to wait for Apple new thingys, such as the touch bar and the overprice of over $1000; similar to the MacBook Pro price disaster in the UK)

From the iPhone 6, to the 6s there were significant changes; but I haven't heard a single rumour of the 7s. Al;so might be too focused on the iPhone 8 (OLED) that they don't make significant improvements to the 7s (?)

Also, I'm considering the low resale value of the iPhone and that there might be a price increase in the current lineup.

Selling the 6s now, buying the 7 and repeating the process in September seems to be too much money wasted. Buying the 7 now, could be a missed opportunity for the new one in September.

I might be over analysing this (I'm certainly am)... so any comment would be highly welcomed.
 

ACG12

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2015
756
629
After going from a 6+ to an SE, I am now using a 7. It's a great phone and even if they do come out with a 7s, I don't see myself upgrading any time soon.

The smaller phone is no longer the stepchild and Apple fixed everything I complained about my two previous phones (RAM on the 6+ & OIS on the SE).

Just don't pay full price for one as retailers are always having deals on them. Best Buy discounted the phone by $170 and also gave me a $100 gift card.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JCarmona

edlex

macrumors 68000
Apr 14, 2010
1,998
804
Miami
Hi everyone,

I have an iPhone 6S 64Gb and lately I've become relatively obsessed with the 7+; having a larger screen and the dual camera seem amazing (I use it recently at an Apple Store and fell in love with it)

Waiting 6-7 months for the 7S version seems too far away, but might be the reasonable thing to do.

The iPhone 8 is 99% out of the question (smaller screen than 5.5; the flaws in the recently launched MacBook Pro seem to be better to wait for Apple new thingys, such as the touch bar and the overprice of over $1000; similar to the MacBook Pro price disaster in the UK)

From the iPhone 6, to the 6s there were significant changes; but I haven't heard a single rumour of the 7s. Al;so might be too focused on the iPhone 8 (OLED) that they don't make significant improvements to the 7s (?)

Also, I'm considering the low resale value of the iPhone and that there might be a price increase in the current lineup.

Selling the 6s now, buying the 7 and repeating the process in September seems to be too much money wasted. Buying the 7 now, could be a missed opportunity for the new one in September.

I might be over analysing this (I'm certainly am)... so any comment would be highly welcomed.
I would wait for the 7S Plus. It's only 6 months away and you will definitely be regretting not getting the "new and shiny".
 

Broadus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2011
894
487
Upstate SC
Hi everyone,

I have an iPhone 6S 64Gb and lately I've become relatively obsessed with the 7+; having a larger screen and the dual camera seem amazing (I use it recently at an Apple Store and fell in love with it)

Waiting 6-7 months for the 7S version seems too far away, but might be the reasonable thing to do.

The iPhone 8 is 99% out of the question (smaller screen than 5.5; the flaws in the recently launched MacBook Pro seem to be better to wait for Apple new thingys, such as the touch bar and the overprice of over $1000; similar to the MacBook Pro price disaster in the UK)

From the iPhone 6, to the 6s there were significant changes; but I haven't heard a single rumour of the 7s. Al;so might be too focused on the iPhone 8 (OLED) that they don't make significant improvements to the 7s (?)

Also, I'm considering the low resale value of the iPhone and that there might be a price increase in the current lineup.

Selling the 6s now, buying the 7 and repeating the process in September seems to be too much money wasted. Buying the 7 now, could be a missed opportunity for the new one in September.

I might be over analysing this (I'm certainly am)... so any comment would be highly welcomed.
I'm in the same boat as you, having a 6S 64GB. My intention is to wait for the 7S Plus. If rumors about the projected 8 are true, especially price, then I'll go with the 7S Plus.
 

JCarmona

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2014
97
55
Thanks guys! Always good to read your thoughts!
Waiting it is! =)
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.