Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Upgrade to 12.2 or wait for jailbreak?

• Upgrade to 12.2

• Wait for 12.1.2 Jailbreak

Results are only viewable after voting.

PeterRollback

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2015
Arizona
Hello

iOS 12.2 has some sweet things like faster and smoother animations and safari quick hits in the search bar. However, I've been on 12.1.2 on my A12 iPhone XS Max for a while now waiting for the jailbreak. What would you guys do in my position?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hello

iOS 12.2 has some sweet things like faster and smoother animations and safari quick hits in the search bar. However, I've been on 12.1.2 on my A12 iPhone XS Max for a while now waiting for the jailbreak. What would you guys do in my position?
There has been nothing (zero, nada, zip) to me that Apple has ever offered since iOS 6 that has been worth losing a jailbreak for or not waiting for.

When Apple has added features that are based on jailbreak features those things have either been crippled or light versions of what the JB tweak offered. For instance, there is no comparison between Quick Reply and BiteSMS. Nightshift is not f.lux and Apple doesn't offer Eclipse or Activator.

So, for everyone it's different, but I jailbreak to make my device function the way I want it to and when that is achieved I just use my device. Right now, I've clocked in 3.5 years so far on the iOS 9.0.2 jailbreak.

All of that said, I've really not been impressed by all the semi-untethered jailbreaks released since iOS 9.2. The kicker is that things were headed downhill for developing tweaks since iOS 8. Lots of stuff has been abandoned and lots of stuff we used to be able to do - we can't anymore. That's one of the reasons I've stayed on 9.0.2 for so long.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.