Upgraded at RadioShack today, upgrade still available on that line...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dsa420, Oct 8, 2014.

1. dsa420 macrumors 6502

I think the folks at RadioShack screwed up in upgrading my line today. Long story short I walked out of the store without the phone being activated b/c the moron that worked there couldn't get it activated after an hour.

On my drive home I was able to get the phone activated in about 2 mins by calling VZW.

I just logged into my account and it still shows the line being eligible for an upgrade. Also tried plugging it into Apple site and its showing me the subsidized price.

I am going to try and do an in store pickup tomorrow and see if this is too good to be true. My guess is when they go to activate I will be screwed, worth a shot though.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Why do this? You already got a phone. Stop abusing the system. See, this is why many of the perks go away after a while, abusive people.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If I had to guess, because you activated the phone (and the phone will show having come from somewhere), it will eventually update on your line properly.

Or maybe you got a freebie.

4. dsa420 thread starter macrumors 6502

For some reason I don't think the activation has anything to do with it. If you order online from Apple, Best Buy, etc using your upgrade it automatically uses your upgrade even though the phone is not activated when you receive it.

Not thinking I am in the clear but its worth a shot.

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

The world could use a lot less people like you.

6. dsa420 thread starter macrumors 6502

Appreciate the sentiment..

7. dsa420 thread starter macrumors 6502

Was able to upgrade today at subsidized cost successfully. Amazing it took the Apple store all of 5 mins to finish the transaction today where RadioShack couldn't get it done in 1+ hour, 2 phones for the price of 1.

Flame away about how the world needs less people like me and that I have no morals, etc. I pay Verizon $400+ a month for their service, don't feel bad for taking advantage of this unique loophole.

8. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

Damn

9. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

You know you've reached the end of your options when you upgrade in RadioShack :D

10. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

11. dsa420 thread starter macrumors 6502

Multiples, its amazing. No idea how they are still in business after all these year, same applies to Sears.

12. RCRod83 macrumors regular

RCRod83

It took a few days for my AT&T account to show that I was no longer eligible for an upgrade. But if I texted them to check my upgrade eligibility, it would come back as saying ineligible.

13. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I would have to put a bag over my head to even walk into a radioshack!:p

14. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

you went and got a phone from them...so obviously people like you still go there.

----------

don't come crying when verizon adds the full cost of the phone on your bill when they figure out the error.