Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Manta-X

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2012
This thing is a beast! Although where I live there is no LTE... I really like the 4 inch screen, 1Gb ram for video edition and the power of the A6 for photo manipulation and gaming. I can't go back to the 4S.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
As a youtube user myself, i would like to know this:

Does the google youtube app suffer from black bars? Does it take advantage of the 4 inch screen?

voyaflexel

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2012
Finland
iPhone 5 is better than 4s. Faster, Slimmer and thinner, but i expected more from apple. even their iOS 6 looks like iOS 5.2…

LWP777

Suspended
Sep 20, 2010
I upgraded to the 5 from my 4s. I had the phone for 2 weeks and yesterday took it back to the Apple store and got a refund and reactivated my 4s. It was not worth the $800 that I had to pay because I wasn't eligible for an upgrade yet at Sprint.

Here are my thoughts:

Sprint doesn't have LTE available on the west coast yet, so LTE is useless to me
Phone felt too light compared to the 4s....felt flimsy to me
Speed of phone wasn't noticeable to me
Was not a fan of the back of the phone
Camera quality was worse with the 5 than the 4s

I'll wait until next June when I can upgrade to get the 5s or 6.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
First days I would've said the screen, the camera, the whole phone. Now I say BATTERY. I know some people are having issues but this beast gives me three times the battery life of my 4S.

(bear in mind there's an 18% to go... I had to charge it as I had to go but I would've loved to see what that 18% left was going to give me...)

Oh! And this is just after 3 charges... Got it on the 28th, so I've only had to charge the phone 3 times in 9 days. ;)

attachment.php

ttNB

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
Nor' Jersey & New York (Twi-State)
Had a 64gb black 4S, and now have a 64gb black 5. I like the bigger screen, the speed, and the 5Ghz wifi/LTE, and the lightness of the phone. For me I'm a tall guy, and the extra screen real estate is really more comfortable. Plus you get better detailed screen clarity, and brightness compared to the 4S. It just feels right. ( I don't know why it posted 2X but oh well)

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
As a youtube user myself, i would like to know this:

Does the google youtube app suffer from black bars? Does it take advantage of the 4 inch screen?

So i take it none of you i5 owners have tried the google's youtube app yet?

CaCohen0509

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2010
i was getting speeds compatible to my verizon fios cable internet which is 50mbs down. unfortunatly not in NJ, so far in Manhattan only.

I was driving through Camden and getting full bars of LTE. It's super crazy fast. I ran a speed test and it was about 20MBps down and 16MBps up

TFMTASAD

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2008
Went from 4s to 5 because my wife's contract was done and she wanted my 4s. Would have never changed otherwise. The 4s is still a very nice device and the 5 is just a bit better in my book. The 5 provides a good spec bump compared to the 4s but it's not a really big deal for the average user like me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.