Upgraded to 13" MB Pro - Scrolling is jerky

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eric-PTEK, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Eric-PTEK macrumors 6502

I had a Unibody Macbook, the newest rev.

I decided to upgrade to a 13" MB Pro today at Microcenter for $999. Biggest reason was honestly I hated the white and I decided to not get a iMac but instead pair a 30" HPZR30 to the MB so went with the Pro for aesthetics and small processor bump.

I took the Kingston SSD out of my MacBook and put it in the MB Pro, reset the PRAM/NVRAM and it boots right up.

Everything works but for some reason the scrolling through a webpage using the pad is a bit jerky.

Comparing it to my Macbook which I put the 250gb drive from the MB Pro in its perfectly smooth.

I can reload the system if I need to but how is the scrolling on others '10 MB Pro's?

I can tell a huge difference in the keyboard, its much more solid on the MB than on the MB Pro, I assume because they left some gap/spacing for the LED back lights.

Speed white they are nearly the same, just didn't like the white.

2. Kahalu'u Bob macrumors 6502a

Kahalu'u Bob

2010 13" MBP; scrolling seems smooth to me (using two finger scroll on trackpad).

3. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

it's jerky with a mouse because of settings but it's smooth like butter with the touch pad

4. RedReplicant macrumors 6502a

I get this sometimes too... It's like as you scroll it's not smooth and it almost looks like screen tearing, right? Happens when scrolling everywhere, not just webpages.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I got my Macbook Pro 13' like 10 minutes ago, and no jerky scrolling

6. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

Try adjusting the mouse settings if you already have not.

Otherwise, the page not be fully loaded, and that is about all I can think of, as I just bought the base model , and i've been installing software and using it and it works great!

You might just not be used to it yet or you may even have a defect.
    In ethier case, if you have a nearby Apple Store, I'd reccomend testing and comparing the units they have there to yours.

7. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

I have had no problems with the trackpad so far and I have had the system for about a month.

8. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I have no problems with my 13" MBP's scrolling. I have had it for about 3 and a half months. Take yours back and get it replaced with another identical model.

9. Eric-PTEK thread starter macrumors 6502

Holy over reaction...I'm not returning it because of a simple issue like that.

My biggest question was are all the video drivers built into each rev of OSx. I went from a 9400m to a 320M, it detects it correctly but not sure if its using the new driver or I have to reload the OS.

I compared the 2 side by side. The issue seems to be the new scrolling feature like the iPhone where you can swipe and it continues to scroll. Having that on it seems to be a bit jerky.

Had I never seen it on the other MB which does not have that feature I'd probably never have noticed.

10. warrena macrumors member

warrena

Mine scrolls fine, not jerky, just smooth. The new systems have the momentum scrolling so it will continue to scroll, wonder if that is the issue. I also wonder if you have a video driver issue - did you try it before swapping the drive? If you have another drive around you could do a fresh load of the OS and updates to see if that works before overwriting your SSD.

Did software update load any new drivers?

11. davidlv macrumors 65816

You may not have the absolute latest version of the OS (graphic drivers etc) for that specific model.
    Try running Software Update from the System Preferences.
    If nothing else go to Apple's HP and download the latest combo updater for your 13" MBP.
    You can run that without danger to your data or settings.
    Apple Care will tell you to do a clean install and reimport your data via Migration Assistant, but that is time consuming and you have to have the data etc on a time machine backup or an external cloned HD.