Upgraded to SE from 6S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by s54, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Jimmy James macrumors 601

Jimmy James

The thread title seems geared to induce argument.

2. s54 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey guys. I didn't mean to stir things up and cause arguments. I was just listing my justifications behind what - to me - was definitely an upgrade.

Like I said, I never used the 3D Touch and I actually regretted "upgrading" from the 6 to the 6S. It could very well be the case that future iOS releases will utilize 3D Touch in a way where I wish I had it, but that hasn't happened yet. And by that time, there will probably be an SE successor.

Anyway, I really do enjoy using the SE more than the 6S. Also forgot to mention that the battery on the SE lasts noticeably longer for me.

With regards to screen resolution and clarity, I honestly didn't notice any difference whatsoever. Sure, the SE screen is smaller, but I got used to it in no time and I don't miss the 6S one bit. Quite the opposite.

3. minik macrumors 65816

After 6 months of usage, I regretted getting the 6S Plus too. My novelty of a big screen phone quickly going downhill and 'optical image stabilization' was another reason I opted for the bigger model. Now having the SE on my hand, I see why people were holding on to their 5/5c/5s and even 4/4S models.

4. Armen, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016

Armen macrumors 604

Armen

One does not "upgrade" by getting a lesser version of a product. OP merely changed to a phone that better suites his needs.

5. SarZ macrumors regular

SarZ

Sold my 6s plus this morning and now I have a 6 and a SE

The SE will be my main phone.

When I first got the 6 plus I was extremely impressed by it but as the days went it became a nagging monster. It needed constant attention in terms of fitting my trouser pocket, adjustments required in my pocket when sitting down, careful handling when making calls and texting. When I was at home it was a pleasure to use but outside I hated using it.

The SE is a pleasure to use. It’s small, fast and very efficient.

6. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

The SE is a significant Downgrade, the cheapest iPhone currently being sold. A smart move on Apple's part to attract the low income buyer.

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

It's already been pointed out in many threads, including this one, that "significant downgrade" is in the eye of the beholder. Why are you (again) poking the bear?

8. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Expressing an opinion. Interesting how that causes others to attack, accuse, or whatever.

9. SarZ macrumors regular

SarZ

I agree with you it is a smart move on Apple's part to attract the low income buyer.
    Everybody needs a phone and since the SE is the best phone more people can enjoy it :)

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Nah, it's not interesting; it's a well-documented and depraved aspect of human nature that you seem to insist on drawing out whenever you're given the opportunity.

This thread's premise is that for the Thread Starter and his needs, the SE is an "upgrade." He documented why he thought as much. Sure, you expressed an opinion; you've certainly shown that you have no shortage of those. However, what you failed to do is give any support as to why you believed as much. Hence, why you've been accused of trolling.

Sadly, throwing fuel to a fire seems more your modus operandi than actually contributing to discussions.

11. PaladinGuy macrumors 6502a

I agree with what others have said. It's fine to have an opinion. When one states that the SE is better for them, it's a subjective opinion. There's no need to argue that such people are "wrong." It seems obvious that some are very bothered by the semantics of the word "upgrade." There's no need to argue over this. Yes. In Apple's lineup, the SE is not meant to be on par with the 6S series. That's why they left out a handful of features, in order to differentiate the products. However, it isn't wrong for a person the use the word "upgrade" to describe their own experience and needs, as related between the two phones.

Everyone needs to stop beating a dead horse.

12. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

OP could have posted instead " Why I purchased the SE " instead of " Upgraded "

Actually no one cares what iPhone you have. No one cares, nor should they, on what stuff I buy. :confused:

13. Sweeperdk macrumors regular

Sweeperdk

Reading through this thread sorta leaves me thinking that some people care a lot about what others buy...

14. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

I agree. Since millions of iPhones have been sold, and only a few in comparison come onto this forum, me thinks its a.......(fill in the blank). I'm happy with mine and you all are happy with yours. Enough said ;)

15. johngordon macrumors 68000

So when I bought my 2015 MBP to replace a 2008 iMac, was that a downgrade too? :p

16. teeshot44 macrumors regular

teeshot44

Totally agree. Rarely used the 3D Touch as too few apps supported it and some of those that do don't give the options that I mainly use. Size fits me perfectly and I get the benefit of the faster processor. I consider it an upgrade also because of it's better usefulness and features that I need and want. Size does not matter to me <grin>. Each to his own. That's what different models and sizes are all about.

17. Dirtydutch macrumors 6502a

Dirtydutch

Low income buyer? Minus the people holding on to prior generation 4" iPhones most of the buyers of the new SE have had a 6s or 6s plus. These aren't unwarranted opinions based on nothing. Not to mention how many iPhone users probably are using the SE and 6s.

18. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

In his opinion, it's an upgrade. So ... who cares? Goodness people.

19. rexboe macrumors regular

rexboe

Looked at an SE at the apple store today what a little thing it is. I would never give up my plus for one of them.

20. gkinghrn macrumors newbie

The op made his position very clear..several people have pointed that out. He is not wrong..but those of you who think he is wrong are actually wrong... Is all subjective and he loves his SE. IMHO the better phone is actually the Sony Experia series with a2 day battery life I can make calls a day after this iphone5s had long since died... He likes his SE..leave him alone..

21. Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

Many also think lastest is better than most expensive, so might consider the SE an upgrade.

22. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I bought my SE to serve as the ideal Pocket Phone.

When I don't care about anything other than carrying a tiny limited use phone, my SE is a suitable solution. Nothing matters except it's ability to disappear into a pocket.

23. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I have the 6 and will be getting the 7+ or Pro….'FOR ME' I prefer a bigger screen and since I don't jog, rock climb, etc., I am not too worried about portability. I remember when the 6+ came out and I thought it was gigantic :eek: But now that it's everywhere, I have a hard time telling if someone is carrying the + or not. I ask all my female co-workers with the + if they are ok with the size and all say they can't go back. My mom still has the 5 and when I pick it up, I miss the solid feel and portability of when I had my 5, but I find myself doing more and more on my cell vs. laptop, so bigger is what I'll be going with. Both phones will be upgraded to the +…

Go with what feels right to 'YOU'….it's what makes the world go round :cool: