Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chipsandcakes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2023
1
0
Hello - I'm new to the forum so apologies if there has been discussions/threads about this already.
I have a 2019 16" MBP (2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 9880H, 32GB RAM) and I am an interior designer so work a lot in SketchUp, V-Ray, Adobe Suite and AutoCAD. I understand most of these programmes run on single core so it doesn't necessarily affect workflows per se however, I have noticed a lot of lagging and crashes in the past few months when working on these types of files.

I've been wanting to upgrade to a new laptop/iMac before Apple sprang a surprise a few days ago - I've read so many reviews/comparisons and wanted to get your thoughts on upgrading now to a 16" M2 Max or holding out for M3 which is what seems to be on everyone's lips at the moment.

Thanks in advance!
 
Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
73,682
43,717
I've been wanting to upgrade to a new laptop/iMac before Apple sprang a surprise a few days ago - I've read so many reviews/comparisons and wanted to get your thoughts on upgrading now to a 16" M2 Max or holding out for M3 which is what seems to be on everyone's lips at the moment.
Do you want to wait at least a year for the M3? I think upgrading from a 4 year old computer is fine, and since you are already incurring some issues with performance, I would opt sooner then later for upgrading.
 
  • Like
Reactions: David1986H
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.