uploading playlist adds duplicate track

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jenfavre, Apr 9, 2007.

1. jenfavre macrumors newbie

I'm new to iPods having just purchased a nano to use with the nike+ sport kit. I'm noticing however when I upload a playlist to my nano it creates a duplicate track when that track is already on the nano as part of a previously uploaded album. Then if I play that album, the track repeats itself. Is there a way to avoid this when uploading playlists that contain tracks already on the nano? :confused:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

rather than have your iPod manually managed, set it to automatically sync playlists (or even the entire library). I find this is much easier and ensures no double-ups (unless you have some in your library on the computer).

3. jenfavre thread starter macrumors newbie

Won't auto sync attempt to copy my entire music library to my iPod? I definitely don't want that which is why I haven't tried it. I tried auto syncing only playlists but then it deleted anything not part of a playlist off the iPod. :(

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, so make another playlist with all your miscellaneous tracks that don't fit into your current playlists, and sync that too. It's what I do to save time and trouble.

5. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Auto sync gives you a choice of which playlists will be copied.

Just make a playlist "iPod Playlist" and add everything you want on your iPod to it.

6. jenfavre thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, that solution seems to be working. I appreciate all the input.