UPS Driver Didn't leave phone!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sandman1969, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

Anyone have UPS not leave the phone even with a signed release form?

My buddy checked his status and said 1st attempt failed 2nd attempt will be Monday.

Flipping sucks for him. What good is a release form if they don't accept it?

The previous stop for his phone was an hour away. Anyway for him to call to pick it up at a distribution center? He can't seem to find the right information on their website.
    Would the phone go back to that last stop on the tracking, or would there be a closer facility that wasn't shown on the tracking trail?

Luckily my wife is home today.

2. 2010RS macrumors 6502

omgwtfbbq!

its ultimately up to the drivers discretion whether or not they leave it.

does your friend live in the hood or something?

3. futch, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

futch macrumors 6502

futch

The UPS driver has the option to not leave the phone/package. It is their A$$ if the package gets stolen

4. poloponies macrumors 68030

Today would be a great day for ethically-challenged individuals to follow UPS trucks on their routes picking up packages that have been signed-for in advance. Bad guys read news stories too, and I think it's worth a slight inconvenience to avoid a bigger one.

5. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

6. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

The guy left in my front door (I live in a apartment) and yes it was from UPS

7. Type X macrumors regular

Call ups, tell them you'd like the box held for pickup at the local "hub", they'll send a message for it to be left at the counter & give you a time that the drivers come back and what time they close (window of time)

8. vitog123 macrumors 6502

anyone know where you find the # for your local UPS hub?

9. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

It should of been on the Slip the UPS driver left.

10. LoganT macrumors 68020

Actually it's the person who pre-signed the shipment's ass.

11. The DRis macrumors 6502

I left a signed piece of paper addressed to UPS to please leave my package, Signed and printed my name, and I got a delivery notification.

12. paule350 macrumors member

Same thing just happened to me and I am in a nice area.. I called to have it held for pickup.. Oh well :(

13. Netherscourge macrumors 6502

Are you sure your note didn't accidentally fall off your door?

Maybe the driver just didn't' see the note?

14. paule350 macrumors member

I signed and filled out the UPS release form and taped it good to my door. I can see it from the curb easily.. blah

15. powerbuddy macrumors 6502

Funny thing I left a shipment authorization letter in the front door, asking them to open my apt. door and leave it inside, before I headed to the gym. I come home and guess what? Got a note from UPS saying "Door is Locked?". Turns out my apt manager decided to do a fire safety inspection in the morning and left the door locked before the UPS guy arrived. All this in one hours time. I guess I have to wait till 6 pm today! Bah whats in a phone anyways right?

16. Netherscourge macrumors 6502

Maybe the UPS driver saw this guy following him around in his truck?

[​IMG]

17. puma1552 macrumors 601

So if we miss it today and call up to have it held at the center, can we pick it up at the center tonight, or do we have to wait until tomorrow, or worse, Monday?

18. Sandman1969 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

He is in a nice neighborhood in the sticks. He has had plenty of packages left without signature before.
    He said it was taped good to the door and he has a front porch covering things, since it was raining earlier, but the wind wasn't bad at all. I taped mine to my door inside a ziploc, but my wife is home now waiting for it.

Yeah I told him to check the slip the driver would have left and there should be a number to call. Hopefully, it isn't back to the center that is over an hour away and would be closer as there is a town nearby I think has a UPS center.
    He left work early now to hopefully get it tonight.

19. paule350 macrumors member

tonight

20. Razeus macrumors 601

Ethically challenged? What kind of crap is that to say? I'm tired of these racist comments on this forum.:mad:

21. theperipheral macrumors 6502

i got screwed. left a note, personally wrote to leave it at my apartment office, and they wrote "was instructed not to" and now i have to call to get them to hold it. what a bunch of retards.

22. samcraig macrumors P6

23. fs454 macrumors 65816

ETHICALLY. Ethics. Not Ethnically. No one is being racist here.

24. Centient macrumors 6502

lol!!!

25. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

so people that left there own notes UPS is not leaving the packages but if you printed out the pre sign form than they are leaving it ? Can this be confirmed ?