Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Do they let you do this? I heard in previous years they need to deliver to the address first before they can hold?
That's FedEx. They demand that you allow them to make an attempt to deliver before they allow hold for pick up. This usually applies to Apple products they deliver. They always use the lie that Apple demands it be that way.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
That's FedEx. They demand that you allow them to make an attempt to deliver before they allow hold for pick up. This usually applies to Apple products they deliver. They always use the lie that Apple demands it be that way.
If you have FedEx Delivery Manager you can schedule hold for pickup before any delivery attempt is made. Just like UPS MyChoice.

TiaSco08

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
So many of us have our tracking numbers by searching by reference in the UPS website.

Who has already changed their delivery to be held at the hub? Apparently my phone is in a batch that just left Korea and I was waiting for it to be at least state side before I make the delivery change.

Anybody did it yet?
I changed mine while it was in Korea.

kybldmstr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I'm sure the "expert" was just assuming that if the package is at the hub on Thursday, you could get it if the hub was still open.

I doubt it due to the rules with Apple telling them to hold phones. But hey, you might get lucky. Did you tell them it was the 7? Or just a random package?
I told her. Then didn't get a response on the chat for awhile so I left. Im like 99% sure I wouldn't be able to get it Thursday so I'm not even gonna try.

bcroft686

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I did this last year, and it's a great experience. I changed mine already, via UPS my choice. It'll say exception until the UPS hub acknowledges the request and actually holds it.

Last year I just stopped in on my way to work, only 5-6 people were there, and I was in/out quickly.

andcool69

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2011
My customer center doesn't open until 1130 am everyday, seems odd. Maybe I should just let it get delivered on the truck at the normal time...

AppleChic76

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
Do they let you do this? I heard in previous years they need to deliver to the address first before they can hold?

Nope. I had mine held last year. Changed the delivery option while it was still in the air. Never came to my house.

Decimotox

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
I told her. Then didn't get a response on the chat for awhile so I left. Im like 99% sure I wouldn't be able to get it Thursday so I'm not even gonna try.

I gotcha. However, if mine is at my local hub before 8 pm on Thursday (when they close), I'm definitely going to try to pick it up.

Reactions: kybldmstr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.