UPS is shipping my IP4S - This has me concerned...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ozziegn, Oct 10, 2011.

1. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

Just found out that UPS is shipping my IP4S which has me worried. Let's face it, UPS isn't the first choice when it comes to shipping anything important. (at least they aren't for me)

Hopefully my package doesn't get lost in transit somewhere or the package doesn't get crushed by some flunky that might drop a hundred pound box on top of it.

anyone else worried?

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I use UPS all the time, they usually exceed whatever they say.

3. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

UPS always comes to my house around the same time the wife is going to pick up the kids from school. Other than that, they are the same as fedex service wise.

4. AFPoster macrumors 65816

It's hit or miss with UPS for me. The one thing that is consistent is their price, always a few dollars to tens of dollars higher than the Post Office for same time delivery and insurance.

5. truthiness macrumors regular

UPS is awesome. Every carrier has their horror stories.

6. mms13 macrumors 6502

UPS is great, you shouldn't worry.

Plus, if you sign up for their new 'My Choice' service, they'll text you or email you a timeframe for delivery the day of. And I think you can even reschedule to the time of your choice for like $5.

7. PaulNY macrumors member

My only gripe with UPS is that they normally dont show up until 6:30pm or 7pm, Fedex generally is at the house around 1-2pm

8. ThereGoesJB macrumors regular

yeah i would disagree, i prefer UPS over fedex... i think they are much better at being true to their delivery dates (or often a day early). dont know if that varies region to region. Their tracking is also much more detailed in my experience

9. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

Well at least in my area UPS is far superior to FedEx. UPS consistently comes to my house at the same time every day and packages are always on time. FedEx on the other hand seems to come whenever they feel like it and it's not unusual for them to be a day or two late even on what is supposed to be overnight or two-day service. Guess it just depends on where you are located.

10. ozziegn thread starter macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

well I guess I'm in the minority... I guess it's because I've had multiple problems with them in the past. I can only think of one bad story with FedEx.

11. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I shipped over 200,000 packages with UPS and USPS over 10 years, and more recently have been involved with FedEx in tens of thousands of shipments in the past couple of years. All three do a remarkably good job and you would be hard pressed to find any substantial objective service-level difference in the past couple of years (since FedEx Ground found their footing).

That's not to say any of them is perfect, delivery commitments are missed by all three at a decent rate - literally amounting to millions of "late" deliveries a year. It can happen, and statistically speaking there WILL be many iPhone 4S's delivered late. Of course in some localities one or another might have worse performance, but Overall the chances are about the same with either UPS or FedEx.

12. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

and someone, somewhere, is saying the exact opposite as we speak. In no uncertain terms should you underestimate the power of positive thought! That has the ability to get you your package as much as choosing one carrier over another.

13. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

I worked at a UPS store and we had a special service through apple for a return policy. This was on BROKEN apple products and they still gave us special boxes and specific instructions on how to package their returned items that customers are shipping.

I'm sure they will have the same specific policy for BRAND NEW iphones.

14. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I ordered two phones on separate orders this past Friday at 3:30a and 4:00a central time. Just got a UPS tracking number for one of them (my wife's of course). Coming from China with the expected delivery date of Friday 10/14. I do wish it was FedEx though since they have a hub a mile from my house an UPS is 15 miles away and I'm not sure if they are open on Saturday's (just in case nobody is home for the delivery). Can't wait!

15. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

I just received my FedEx package with $100 Oakley sunglasses in the box and it was crushed. It doesn't matter who's shipping, its the luck of the draw.

16. DDar macrumors 6502

DDar

17. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

If I had a choice I would avoid UPS. Fedex is much better.

18. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I agree.

19. ThetaSigma macrumors regular

Apple has always delivered with UPS to me. They have been absolutely great, I'd worry if they sent with another delivery company.:eek:

20. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Carriers

I use UPS all the time, i have no problems with them. Fedex has been late more times than UPS

21. LagFighter macrumors regular

You clearly have no clue.

Typically, UPS has much better service than any other shipping service.

22. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

It's a phone not a box of glass - don't worry. UPS is very good at what they do, as are all the major carriers, if not, then they wouldn't be major carriers.

23. TC25 macrumors 68020

Thanks for the chuckle.

OP - print out your package number and place it under a pyramid, along with your razor blades, and you will receive your iPhone4 ahead of time and in pristine condition and your blades will get sharpened, too. :D

24. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

My only problem with UPS is, They come later in the day.

FedEx for me comes in the morning. UPS around 4. :(

25. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I returned an iPod. Walked in, presented a confirmation number and in less than a minute I had a receipt and on my way. 2 days later I had a replacement. Awesome service.

I have had equal experience with ups and fedex. I have had damaged boxes from both.
    To alleviate any undue stress from shipping you could simply walk into a store and purchase it.