UPS lost my Link Bracelet.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Southernboyj, May 8, 2015.

1. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

UPS called me this morning saying it was ready to be picked up.

I've been sitting here at UPS for 2 hours. They have no idea where it is. It was held for pickup.

2. sincere11105 macrumors 6502

3. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Manager just said they now have their assets protection team looking into it.

4. PedCrossing macrumors 6502

PedCrossing

Wait a minute! Link bracelets are shipping?

Well, last month I had a package delivered to my friend's house, it was very important and she was home all day waiting for it, mailman never showed up. That evening, the order status was changed to "Returning to sender" and the reason was nobody was available at the address. She was upset and went to the post office the next morning, person at the post office said they've sent it back. Guess what, the package showed up at her door that evening.

My guess was the mailman just was't in the mood, or the system was just trolling her.

5. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

Maybe they want you to wait with everyone else getting their watches + link bracelet ;)

Sorry to hear that, hope it's resolved.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Link bracelets ordered separately are shipping.

7. JFazYankees macrumors 6502

JFazYankees

Mine is currently stuck in KY in customs. UPS is waiting on Apple for clearance :mad:

8. Docd62 macrumors regular

That's strange Apple products usually get an automatic pass through customs and I thought customs was done in Alaska when they came in through there.

9. johnnyapples33d macrumors member

Can confirm this. My link only order from Shenzhen, China hit Alaska yesterday and made it straight to Ontario, California early this morning. Link should be here any minute.

Also, sorry to hear about that OP. Hopefully they find it soon.

10. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

You're right. Customs clearance is done in Anchorage. Louisville, KY and Ontario, CA are Apple's distribution centres.

11. jdogg836 macrumors regular

jdogg836

So, 42mm Stainless Steel watches with various other bands are shipping.....Separate 42mm Link Bands are shipping.....Tell me again why 42mm Stainless Steel watches with Link Bracelets aren't shipping yet? My confirmation email was xx:02:31. :mad:

12. JFazYankees macrumors 6502

JFazYankees

Last night tracking showed "Exception" while in Anchorage, AK, stating "Additional documentation is required for clearance. We're working to obtain this information." This morning it showed that it is being "Held in Warehouse" in Louisville, KY. I called UPS, and they said that they have reached out to Apple for clearance but that they couldn't release it until then.

13. KojiH macrumors 6502

On a somewhat related note I've had TWO Swiss mechanical automatic watches stolen by the employees at my local UPS distribution center just last year.

One came with the side of the box clearly ripped open roughly, watch taken from inside it's case, case shoved back into the box and retaped with clear tape. The box was originally sealed with security/tamper paper tape w/ the dealer logo printed across it. It was fairly obvious right away what had happened so I declined package acceptance when the driver was at my door. He opened it in front of me to confirm that the watch had been stolen. UPS insurance paid out the claim quickly to the dealer and I received a refund.

The second occurred the same week but the package trace was lost as soon as the package hit the distribution center. Likely the same thief just took the entire box rather than tear into it. I had to drive to the center and speak with the manager to get this one sorted out. It was never recovered despite their starting an "investigation". This one took a little longer for me to get a refund...

So I'm not surprised that some Apple Watch orders could be intercepted by a few unscrupulous UPS employees.

14. Docd62 macrumors regular

Actually the distribution centers are elsewhere Tennessee and Philadelphia are a couple. Louisville is just UPS world hub. It usually goes from China to Alaska (customs clearance is done here and done a pallet at a time). When they clear customs the invoice will be scanned and peoples cards will start charging. They are the then put on planes to Louisville world hub. In Louisville they are sorted sent to varies Apple distribution centers where orders will go into "preparing for shipment". The will go back out to ups and sent to varies ups distribution centers and then out for delivery. Most of this takes places in about 36 hours.

The OP must watch must had a paperwork snafu where a serial number or something didn't match. Should be sorted out pretty quick and it most likely a bunch of watches affected. If it was a major problems it would not have even left Alaska.

15. Subdiv macrumors 6502

This is why I never pre-sign for any deliveries. Way too easy for the driver to say the package was left on the porch, and just keep it. "Well I left it there...someone must have stolen it.!"

16. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Had that happen with an iPad before, sat for 2 days over weekend, was the cleared and delivered Monday. Just happens every once in a while.

17. amjustice macrumors 6502

amjustice

18. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

Exact same thing has happened with mine. I just hope it comes on Monday.

19. Diana Prince macrumors member

Diana Prince

20. KPOM macrumors G5

That's too bad. I wonder if it's an inside job.

----------

The standalone bands always had an earlier shipping window. My guess is that the bands need to ship to another facility where they are boxed with the watches. Standalone bands just ship directly from the factory to the customer.

21. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Re: Post #7 ---

Kentucky has Customs????

Will wonders never cease!!!! :D :D

22. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

So I got a call from a random NAPA auto parts. They got my bracelet whilst picking up their boxes. I guess my number was on the box. In the 5 hours of spare time I had of thinking my bracelet was lost.. Apple/UPS filed a lost item report on it.

The tracking shows it as UPS still has it. Apple is currently sending me a replacement since it doesn't show I have my bracelet. I didn't sign anything to receive it.

I guess when they send me the free replacement I'll have to call and explain my situation to Apple. *Maybe* they'll let me keep it. :p

23. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Glad it sounds like you'll get it after all.

Bad on UPS for giving your package to someone else.

24. KPOM macrumors G5

At least it wasn't stolen. Maybe the NAPA will give you an oil filter for all your trouble. :D

I noticed the British spelling of "whilst." Are you a transplant?

----------

They can't possibly let that lesser whiskey from Tennessee cross their borders. :D

25. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I'm just pissed UPS not only gave my package away to someone else... It was UNSIGNED for. No signature, no ID. Nothing.