UPS lost my NEW mpb

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by soeGG, Nov 6, 2008.

1. soeGG macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I was experting my new MacBook Pro today and was waiting at home constantly refreshing the tracking-page.

Sudenly, my package was delivered but not to me. So I called those 'tards and they could tell that the package delivered to another adress and signed by a Holbek. Great.

UPS should contact me within an hour for more information BUT UPS wasn't able to do this because of "sick employees". Now my MBP is out there, @ someone, properly using it.

I AM FURIOS!!!

What to do if it's been opened? If they can't find it? Thanks!

2. joystik macrumors member

I FEEL YOUR PAIN! Usps MISSENT my notebook today, it was supposed to be delivered to Sanfrancisco by today, or tomorrow. After 2.5 days of not updating the status, i get a "missent" notice this morning, letting me know that my package is in DENVER!!!!

But i guess it's rougher for you, the post office has mine.. :/ sorry to hear!

3. loganpyle macrumors member

oh my! that is terrible. i would also be super upset.

lawsuit time?! haha :D

4. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

You should be FURIOUS at your spelling.

Sorry about your MacBook. It'll get figured out.

5. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Call Apple NOW! Don't wait tell them ASAP so they know, then tell them if the package looks tampered with in any way you WILL REFUSE to sign for it forcing UPS to send it back to Apple. Otherwise they have you if you sign for it.
    Then take it up with Apple, they sent it to you so they must take it up with UPS.
    Also take photographs of it's packaging, just in case.

6. CobraMac macrumors newbie

7. Dontdothat317 macrumors member

Good advice!

I would be furious if this happened to me. Thats why I'm buying mine from a store and not ordering it online so UPS or any other carrier never has the opportunity to lose it or damage it!

You have all the right to be a complete prick about the package and it's condition when it arrives. I hope everything gets sorted out for you :cool:

8. Celedral macrumors 6502

Celedral

Yup call apple asap so they can file a Lost Claim. UPS should then do an investigation on where the package went. The turnaround time for these stuff are usually 1 week. If UPS cant find the package then they will reimburse the the amount back to Apple and they will ship you a NEW macbook pro

9. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Nice, very nice.

I'd be pushing for Fed-UP to be ponying up some cash for this mistake. :eek:

10. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

if it's opened, the guy can be arrested (since it's not addressed to him) and you do not have to accept it. and you obviously will get a new one paid for by ups. chill!

good luck. oh yeah i agree...call apple asap.

11. 7even macrumors 6502a

Ouch. Once UPS delivered an expensive package I was awaiting, next door.. thankfully the people weren't home ;) I also once got a letter addressed to someone at a totally different address... different city.. in another state... haha

12. six.four macrumors 6502

My roommate had a similar thing happen to him.. but it was for a ps3 the first day they were released. UPS lost the package - they sent a "tracker" out looking for it. Never found it. Gamestop sent him a new one. 3 months later, a random guy shows up at our apartment with only the ps3, a controller, video cables and the power cables and says that it is ours.

So, I guess lucky for my roommate cause he ended up with 2 ps3's - but it was definitely a hassle (lots of phone calls) and took a good couple weeks for the replacement ps3 to arrive as UPS spends a few days looking for it.

Maybe you'll be lucky and get two MBPs ;)

13. firecrasher macrumors member

firecrasher

Yeah, UPS left my shuffle with my neighbors across the street while I was at work and didn't tell me. I didn't authorize them to sign for it, either... but luckily I know them and they brought it over :)

14. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

15. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Nope, the use all different company's. In the UK there's UPS, TNT, Fed Ex etc.

16. Mercellus macrumors regular

Wow, that really sucks. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

I would highly recommend contacting Apple as soon as possible and let them know that you have not received your MacBook and that the tracking number is showing that it has been delivered to someone else; they should then get ahold of UPS and inform them of this and there will be a bit of an investigation as to what happened and why the package was delivered to the wrong address.

If it's already been opened by whoever signed for it, then you should be able to refuse it and explain the situation to Apple, I believe UPS would wind up refunding the amount back to Apple and they would ship you a new MacBook (hopefully with a different carrier).

From my own personal experiences, UPS here in Nova Scotia are for the most part reliable (they use a third-party company called Same Day, Right-a-Way for deliveries and pickups), as well as Purolator and for the most part Canada Post. DHL on the other hand are rather shady, and have a tendency to leave your packages on the door step in broad daylight, or will not bother knocking and just leave you a delivery notice even when you were home. When I've dealt with FedEx when Apple shipped me anything it was alright, but when I was shipped parcels from other companies they like to charge brokerage fees for some reason, therefore I hate FedEx about as much as I hate DHL.

Good luck!

17. mattmartincouk macrumors newbie

I guess that is why here in the UK, there is massive text on all Apple deliveries saying, NO DELIVERY TO NEIGHBOUR. SIGNATURE REQUIRED.

Ive had that on everything from Macbooks, Keyboards, Mice and Cables. Best way to go with expensive, highly sought after kit.

18. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

It is supposed to be the same in the U.S.- when an order is placed it even warns you that signatures are required on all packages (at least over a certain value- I don't recall that being the case just ordering Leopard for example) unless you hang out a special tag they have you print out releasing them from responsibility for the package.

Unfortunately that would not have helped here when the delivery company just merrily delivered it-- to SOMEBODY! :(

19. soeGG thread starter macrumors newbie

Where's the love?

Btw, Let me see your danish(?)!

20. LedCop macrumors regular

LedCop

Take it as a compliment. Your post was written in such fluent English people assumed you're a native speaker and should therefore have native-level spelling.

P.S. Maybe use Google Chrome or Safari for online forums. They spell check what you type. ;)

21. soeGG thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh I see ;-)

22. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Have you called Apple yet? What did they say? If you haven't called them why not?

23. PatrickF macrumors 6502

Amazing how often this seems to happen. UPS in the UK also mis-delivered my MBP last Monday - luckily it was 5 minutes away from me so I picked it up in person.

Once I picked up the parcel I notice the reason why UPS delivered it to the wrong place: Apple had missed off half my address!

24. monkey86 macrumors 6502

monkey86

that sucks dude, im sure it will get sorted :D

i had a similar problem, a powerbook of mine was getting delivered to work (as there is always someone there) UPS delivered it to the Oxford Address rather than the Camden (London) address that i work at - so dumb!

BTW - is google chrome out for mac yet?

25. soeGG thread starter macrumors newbie

I did. Apple then called UPS and started an investigation.

After 5 hours - in which I've called UPS 5 times - UPS was in contact with the "new (wrong) MBP owner" but UPS wasn't able pick up the package, so they asked me to do it. And I did.

Typing/writing from it now and love it.

I'm expecting a economic compensation from UPS though Apple.