UPS no signature required

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jordan572, Oct 13, 2011.

1. jordan572 macrumors newbie

I called them to track my package and ask about the signature, they claim no signature is required from ups. Is this true? it doesn't say anywhere on my tracking either that a signature is required.

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

They gotta be lying....

A $600 phone they are just going to leave lying around on a bunch of peoples porches? :confused:

Btw what is your address? :D

3. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

hahahahahaaha. I lol'ed, hard.

Mine says signature required.

4. rkahl macrumors 65816

It's ultimately up to the UPS driver. If the driver leaves a package without a signature and the package is stolen, the driver is responsible for the package.

5. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

6. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Mine says signature required. Although, recently when I ordered something through Amazon (item cost: $550.00), they said that a signature isn't really required for items valued under $1300.00 unless the shipper requests it.

Apple has always required signatures for iPhones and computers, so I don't figure this time will be any different.

7. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

UPS doesnt require a signature the person or company who ships the package is the one who sets the sig required status

8. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Yeah I had a package delivered yesterday via UPS from Amazon. I was worried I'd miss it (which I did), but they left it without needing a signature. It was Amazon Prime 2-day delivery, which I always assumed required signature (from numerous experiences). But I guess it's really up to the company the product is coming from.

It was only an $11 MBA sleeve though lol

9. tikitommy macrumors regular

Regarding signatures,

If I live in a highrise condo with a mailroom/receiving room where all deliveries usually go to, their signature should be enough, right? I doesn't have to be my signature specifically.

10. slovak044 macrumors newbie

where does it say signature required for you? i dont see that anywhere

11. danny_w macrumors 601

UPS on numerous occasions has left items on my doorstep without a signature even though the shipper required a signature. The most recent time was a phone shipment from Samsung. The UPS tracking page very clearly said that a signature was required but they left it without even ringing the bell (my wife was home at the time).

12. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Someone just has to sign for it to confirm receipt of package.

13. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

right but i hope you tip them well around the holidays or your delivery could disappear rather quickly

----------

i talked to my uncle about this he has been with the company for 20+ years he tells me they are not suppose to do this and if you were to say you did not get the package even if they put it in your hands and didnt have you sign for it the driver and the company would be held responsible for refunding you the insured price of the contents.

14. matthewskyle macrumors member

What if you live in an apartment that has an office that will accept packages? I've been able to pick up everything when I get off work EXCEPT my last MBP. But that was also through fed-ex which turned out to be the biggest 3 day ordeal of my life. But I am hoping that since the UPS driver recognizes my wife in public due to the weekly Amazon packages, that he won't give me the shaft by not dropping it off at the office...It's almost tempting to take tomorrow off...

15. catalyst6 macrumors 6502a

catalyst6

I think what is more interesting here is that the Tracking page does not list "Signature Required for Delivery."

The tracking page usually will list this if it is actually required...I don't see any mention of it on my tracking page.

16. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

i guess it depends on what kind of agreement there is in place with the tenants of the building

17. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Interesting...yesterday on the UPS Tracking page, it said Signature Required. Now it doesn't. On the Apple order status page, though, it has the link to Pre-Sign for delivery.

Even though it's gone on the UPS page, I have no doubts that they'll require a signature. It's an Apple thing.

18. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

it will say it when they disburse it to your destination tonight... at least it did for 3gs and 4

19. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

Hell, the $30 black bumper I ordered says it requires a signature. It got transferred to the local post office this morning for delivery by USPS. Mailman usually gets here around noon, so should be here within the next hour or so. So i'm pretty sure if a $30 bumper requires a signature, a possibly $600 phone will too.

20. slovak044 macrumors newbie

yeah im still going to pre sign even though i dont see signature required on my ups page

21. jordan572 thread starter macrumors newbie

I ordered through AT&T so I don't know what their policy is. Anyone with att orders shipping ups, do you need a signature?

22. oshia86 macrumors regular

So, I assume if the signature is missed, they will update the tracking page with the location of where they will take my phone to?

23. slovak044 macrumors newbie

why dont you presign for it if you think your going to miss it

24. jjlannoo Suspended

UPS left a HTC EVO under my doormat last spring. Yeah no could see that, great hiding place lol

25. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

If they don't deliver it because no one was there to sign, they'll leave a tag on your door. You can either sign it and leave it on the door and they should leave the package the next time they try to deliver (which would be Monday), or there should be a phone # you can call to find out where to pick it up at. I recently had a package that required a signature and we weren't allowed to pre-sign for it. We called the number, talked to the people where they were holding it, and they told us where and when to show up to pick it up. It ended up being later that same day...they had package pick-up available from 8-9pm. Not sure that's true for all UPS locations, but that's how the one by me is.