UPS Not Allowing Pre-Sign for iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3587, Oct 10, 2011.

1. 3587 macrumors 6502a

I just got off the phone with Apple because my Pre-Sign link was not working in the tracking email they sent me. They said that UPS is not allowing you to Pre-Sign for this package.

WHY?

Does anyone have a link to the form that I can fill out on my own? Maybe trick the driver into leaving the package?

2. troop231 macrumors 603

I've found that taping a $20 bill to the door always works every time :cool:

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I wouldn't be leaving $600-$800 worth of valuable electronics on anybody's door without a signature on a day every low life scammer and thief will be out in full force trying to score free iPhones. Nope, sorry. I'd rather get it on Tuesday of the week after than having to file a claim with UPS and be told I'm SOL because no one signed for it...

4. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

I'm going to leave a note on my door asking to leave the packages there. Hopefully the UPS driver will do it!

I live in a safe neighborhood so I'm not too worried. I'll probably leave work early so it's not sitting out there too long.

5. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

Did you login to your account on apple.com and try it from there? I don't see why UPS would all of a sudden not let you pre sign for it when they've allowed every apple product for years to be presigned for.

6. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

Leave some halloween candy for the driver or something.

7. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

My order says UPS and I was able to print out the pre-sign form.

8. jpcarro macrumors 6502

jpcarro

Yep, I was able to print it from apple.com order status page.

9. DLyman macrumors member

If it's coming via UPS, without the Apple form the package will not be left. It will not be left if you leave a note to leave it, either. It's the Apple form only or it's going back to the center if you are not there to sign for it. Same thing applies to the iPad.

10. 3587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did you just use the link in the email? I clicked it, checked the user agreement box, clicked continue, and it just hung on a blank page... Maybe I need to give it another day?

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I've had so many fabulous pizzas off those twenties. Been meaning to thank you... But :eek: :confused: that dough was for the UPS guy?!?

12. David R macrumors 6502

I pre-signed for my previous iPhone delivery and the driver still left a yellow sticky note and he wrote on my paper "I need signature on pad".

This is a guy who has no problem leaving far more valuable items sitting out in the open when I'm not home, but not that one time.

I raised hell within UPS main offices to the point that the guy came back and redelivered later the same day, so I got what I wanted. But I learned my lesson and I took Friday off in order to be home and start my weekend earlier I suppose.

13. 3587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It should be neighborhood specific... Mine, I'd leave my car in the drive with the keys in it with a sign, take me, and no one will... Leave my darn iPhone on the steps! I work for a living! I can't take the day off just for this...

14. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I suspect there will be a sticky thread titled "Someone stole my iPhone 4S from my front door!"....

15. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

The pre-signed form is from Apple, not UPS or Fedex. It is up to the driver if he or she wants to leave your iphone at your front door. You can sign ten sheets of forms and tape them all over your door bell, he or she can still ignore them. They are required to have a signature, sign in front of him, not a note which someone like myself can leave at your front door. Come back in an hour, I can walk out with a $800 iPhone.

You can try leaving a note asking driver to attempt with your neighbor, but still it is really up to him.

16. 3587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Why does Apple make it sound like it is all on UPS then? I would like to at least have the option of printing one... No other link on the entire internet that I can print out after plugging in my info?

17. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Seriously, you don't need a form. Use template below.

I, (name), authorized UPS to leave my package at my front door. I will take full responsibility if stolen or lost.

Reference (your UPS tracking number)

Sign here.

18. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

Yes, that's what I did in order to print the form.

19. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Then 10 people will post and say "me too!"

20. DLyman macrumors member

Yes, you do need a form from Apple. That will not work. Apple form is the only way it will be left and it's still up to the driver. That can work for shipments from other shippers, but not when it is coming from Apple.

21. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Uh, maybe because they were finding they were having to deal with too many people complaining that they didn't get their package and trying to blame UPS for it? This year they might have decided it's not worth the hassle of dealing with that cause the phone got stolen too much when they let people pre-sign.

22. efyou macrumors regular

Just keep in mind this.. there are criminals everywhere. Some of them follow Delivery trucks ESPECIALLY on big expensive days. Follow the truck. Wait for them to release a package. Wait for the truck to drive off. SCORE YOUR package. It's unlikely it will happen to you but this is real.

23. BiscuitsNGravy macrumors member

Everyone that is Pre-Signing, could post your address. :rolleyes:

Just trying to take a Poll of which Cities have the most people Pre-Signing. ;)

24. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Eh I don't blame them. We've had a few issues in my neighborhood with packages being stolen in broad daylight...scary business. And no, not a bad neighborhood (some houses are $1 million+). Just never can be too careful. Have someone sign for it in person, even a trustworthy neighbor if necessary. :cool:

25. rsvrfactory macrumors member

If you know you're not going to be home, just call FedEx and tell them you'll pick it up at the nearest hub later that evening. They will still try and deliver it, but then they will bring it back to the hub and you can sign for it there. Most are open till about 8pm or so. I do that for all packages that need a signature.