UPS WorldWide Express Delivery by 10:30 is that right?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kromix, Oct 12, 2011.

1. kromix macrumors member

UPS guys,

seems like most of our iPhones are coming via UPS WorldWide Express. When I click on it I see:

Delivery Commitment
    Delivery by 10:30 a.m. or 12:00 noon

Is this time always constant by UPS? My iPhone is going to a commercial address (my workplace), is it safe to assume it should come by 10:30?

Before you funny guys chime in with clever comments like "omg just wait lawlz its just a phone" it'll be there by friday" I'd like to point out since we have to justify questions here that the reason I am asking is because I'm going on a cruise friday and have to be at port by 2 PM-ish, and would like to drive by work and pick it up so it doesn't sit there till Tuesday.

2. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

JU27 W417 LuLz. 0M6

If it states 1030am, Then I guess you should get it between 1030 and 12! :)

3. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

So... during your cruise... rather than relaxing and enjoying the scenery, you'll instead be focused on playing with your new iPhone. I say just leave it behind and go on your cruise!

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Don't feel like you have to justify yourself.

5. kromix thread starter macrumors member

No I will def be enjoying my cruise but I want it for two reasons:

1) To take pictures with that nice camera and leave my point and shoot home

2) so that 2 iPhone's don't sit on my desk till tuesday

6. rkahl macrumors 65816

What did UPS tell you the 15x you've already called asking the same question?

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

UPS tracking says my GFs phone is promised on Friday "by end of day". For UPS commercial deliveries can go up to 4pm & residential deliveries can go up to 9PM. Apple did not pay for expedited delivery so if you get it Thurs or early Friday it's luck of the draw.

Track your phone on UPS.com. It will give you the delivery commitment.

8. bellaisa macrumors regular

lulz. /thread.

9. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

It is unlikely that the driver will make a special trip, so it should get there whenever your UPS driver normally arrives.

10. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

It actually gives conflicting information...at least mine does, so I'm assuming the OP has the same thing going on. On the main tracking page, it says "Approximate Delivery Time: By End of Day." But if you look to the right side of the page, it says "Shipped by: UPS Worldwide Express." Clicking the UPS Worldwide Express link brings up info that says: "Delivery Commitment: Import: Delivery by 10:30 a.m. or 12:00 noon."

I'm not too concerned about it since I'll be at work all day anyways, but I can see why some people would want more definite information, if possible.

11. alvarez16 macrumors member

I am confused by that as well. Although it says "by the end of the day", the Worldwide Express service includes delivery by 10:30AM or 12:00 noon.

I guess we will find out.

12. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Delivery commitments are waived for special shipment contracts, which almost certainly applies for the iPhone shipments. The commitment for these shipments is end of day. That's why the driver won't make a special trip, it will come with the normal delivery.

13. Danno21 macrumors regular

Danno21

Yeah I noticed some people had 2nd Day Air on their tracking information, but my two phones, which just left China this morning, are using UPS Worldwide Express.

14. CmdrThor macrumors member

Apple certainly got a volume discount for shipping a million or so iPhones from China and part of the deal could have been that they gave up the 10:30am commitment. Especially since Apple requested the deliveries be held until Friday. Delivering that many phones before 10:30am is probably not possible.

15. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

That wouldn't surprise me at all, but it is a little confusing. I'm actually hoping mine comes with the regular UPS delivery, because that's usually between 6:30 and 8pm and I'll be home from work by then.

16. rkahl macrumors 65816

I think it's crap that they can hold the phones... especially since we already paid and our AppleCare warranty started ticking the second we pre-ordered the iPhone. Last year I got screwed out of 10 days of warranty because of this.

17. knoxtown macrumors 6502

Apple said the phone comes out Friday... why are you complaining?

18. rkahl macrumors 65816

I'm complaining because our AppleCare shouldn't start at time of order, it should start when we get it and activate it.

19. kromix thread starter macrumors member

Exactly why I'm asking, upon tracking it does say End of Day, but when you click on UPS WorldWide express to get more info it says Delivery commitments by 10:30 / 12:00

20. MorganB macrumors member

Perhaps those are optional delivery commitment times selected by the sender at the time of shipment for a fee.

21. CmdrThor macrumors member

I'm pretty sure if you had an issue that occurred within that 10 days Apple would honor the warranty.

22. rkahl macrumors 65816

No, they allowed me to purchase AppleCare if I wanted to during those 10 days.

23. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

It's not conflicting info. Any UPS service that uses a plane instead of a truck is "express." But express does not mean early delivery. The exact service Apple uses is "World Ease" which is a contract only service and not subject to the delivery commitment of conventional UPS services. The delivery commitment stated in the tracking info is the one that rules, not the express service level. For the iPhone 4S its "end of day".

24. kromix thread starter macrumors member

So you are telling me they are going to land a 747-400 infront of my office and give us our iPhones, no trucks involved??? schweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!! I hope they have room to land :(

lol just kidding, thanks for the info, seems logical and correct :)

25. Hmm macrumors regular

Hmm

Our UPS deliveries typically don't come until the afternoon or evening. My 3GS arrived at 9:30 AM on launch day, though.