Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dronomophone

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2007
I really hope so. The last time, I waited around all day and it didn't come until maybe 5. I have the day off from work on friday and I don't want to have to wait all day again. It does say delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 noon.

rkahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
UPS guys,

seems like most of our iPhones are coming via UPS WorldWide Express. When I click on it I see:

Delivery Commitment
Delivery by 10:30 a.m. or 12:00 noon

Is this time always constant by UPS? My iPhone is going to a commercial address (my workplace), is it safe to assume it should come by 10:30?

Before you funny guys chime in with clever comments like "omg just wait lawlz its just a phone" it'll be there by friday" I'd like to point out since we have to justify questions here that the reason I am asking is because I'm going on a cruise friday and have to be at port by 2 PM-ish, and would like to drive by work and pick it up so it doesn't sit there till Tuesday.

Seriously... what did UPS tell you? I'd like to know, but I'm not calling them.

kromix

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
Seriously... what did UPS tell you? I'd like to know, but I'm not calling them.

I've called a total of 4 times for my 2 iPhones, 3 times I was told commercial address, should be there by 10:30 AM friday. one time they said there is no time commitment for this package, end of day.......

Which is why I asked here for better opinions and it seems conflicting both over the phone and online...

rkahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
I've called a total of 4 times for my 2 iPhones, 3 times I was told commercial address, should be there by 10:30 AM friday. one time they said there is no time commitment for this package, end of day.......

Which is why I asked here for better opinions and it seems conflicting both over the phone and online...

LOL, I'm just messing with ya because I called yesterday and they told me the end of day. But they told me if it didn't get held up in customs that it would arrive wed.

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
It's not conflicting info. Any UPS service that uses a plane instead of a truck is "express." But express does not mean early delivery. The exact service Apple uses is "World Ease" which is a contract only service and not subject to the delivery commitment of conventional UPS services. The delivery commitment stated in the tracking info is the one that rules, not the express service level. For the iPhone 4S its "end of day".

Ummm, yes, it is conflicting info. I didn't say that express means early delivery. I just said that one place on the page says one thing, and a different place on the page says something else. Therefore, conflicting information. I don't really care if they call everything using a plane "Express" or not. That doesn't change the fact that their website shows two different expected delivery times for the same item.

amann76

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
MacWorld USA
they are not coming express... my tracking says to expect delivery by the end of the day. I would say if your UPS guy delivers package to your job or home by xxx time that is what time you should expect your iphone. It is a bummer for me because UPS usually makes my home their last stop of their route.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Ummm, yes, it is conflicting info. I didn't say that express means early delivery. I just said that one place on the page says one thing, and a different place on the page says something else. Therefore, conflicting information. I don't really care if they call everything using a plane "Express" or not. That doesn't change the fact that their website shows two different expected delivery times for the same item.

This is what you wrote in your original post:

On the main tracking page, it says "Approximate Delivery Time: By End of Day." But if you look to the right side of the page, it says "Shipped by: UPS Worldwide Express." Clicking the UPS Worldwide Express link brings up info that says: "Delivery Commitment: Import: Delivery by 10:30 a.m. or 12:00 noon."

The only delivery time that matters is the date/time under the "Scheduled Delivery Time" field. The "Shipped by: UPS Worldwide Express" only means it is an express package, not a ground package. If you look at the explanation of World Ease you will see it is a contract service and UPSes regular TOS do not apply. Read my post again. I am correct and you are reading too much into UPS's tracking page. There is no conflict.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.