UPS61 delayed leaving Taiwan!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by supersalo, Sep 14, 2016.

1. supersalo macrumors 6502

supersalo

My iPhone 7 Plus went from Shenzen to Hong Kong, then to Taiwan.

The only UPS plane that I see leaving Taiwan is UPS61 and it is delayed by over 6 hours now.

It was supposed to leave at 8:41AM EDT and it's now just after 5PM EDT and it still shows delayed.

Uh oh.

2. noobinator macrumors 601

3. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

LOL, no need to panic. I think tracking your iPhone stresses you out more than anything so I would just let it play out. If the UPS tracking number still says in transit and on time, it'll be there when it's supposed to be on its scheduled day, probably Friday.

I just checked mine. It is also in Taiwan but it still says in transit on time so I'm not worried

4. rarebeauty macrumors 6502

rarebeauty

5. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

2:32 am

6. Canadia69 macrumors regular

I don't understand how everybody's phone is already shipped, I have a sep 16 delivery and it's still preparing for shipment :$

7. rarebeauty macrumors 6502

rarebeauty

Mine still says that also but I am able to track it using UPS MyChoice.

8. apwtwenty macrumors 6502

apwtwenty

mine departed Shanghai today

:-/ going to the east coast

\:

9. rarebeauty macrumors 6502

rarebeauty

Mine is on the same flight then. Hopefully it didn't get delayed too long but I know it will be here by Friday. They still have plenty of time to get here.

10. ramonabynes macrumors regular

ramonabynes

likewise. Mine is in Kentucky hub, but it still says preparing for shipment on Apple's site

11. JCCL macrumors 6502a

So what's the worst thing that can happen? You'll get it on Monday? I don´t think it will even be the case and you'll get it on Friday but come on stop panicking, like someone else said it is still on track. Look at this this way, even if the cargo door opened by mistake and all the phones fell into the ocean, you will still get one before many of us that are waiting for it to arrive in October or later. You'll get it on Friday, no need to worry about it. Guess that's why UPS doesn't publish flight schedule. As long as it says "On Track" you are good to go for Friday delivery. You will be enjoying your new phone on the weekend.

12. medenblik macrumors regular

medenblik

Same here. Both in Kentucky but apple site still says preparing for shipment.

13. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Not good. Your iPhone is definitely taking a strange route. Contact your carrier and have it flagged.

14. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Yeah there's kind of a MASSIVE storm over there right now...

15. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

I've never heard anyone had their iPhone scheduled for launch day but delayed.

16. seinman macrumors regular

Has there ever been a major typhoon affecting the Asian UPS shipping hubs during a launch?

17. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

I ordered 3 phones from Verizon and they all originated from within the US and were picked up this past Monday. They were shipped using FedEx Standard Overnight but being held for Fri delivery.

I'm not sure why orders directly through Apple wouldn't be originating from the US also, unless the US stock are for 3rd party sellers and Apple ships all theirs direct from overseas.

Attached Files:

18. apwtwenty macrumors 6502

apwtwenty

happened to me before, I had a Friday delivery originally, ordered from Apple, originated in China, got delayed

:-//

19. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Those phones that are leaving Taiwan may not go to Kentucky they may go to a different hub where they are overnighted directly to your local UPS carrier or something, I don't know. I guess we will find out because they are one day ahead of us or 13 or so hours ahead of us so basically by the time the phone gets here, time will drop back 13 or 14 hours so... that is most likely where you will regain some of your delivery time

20. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

well you are my first :)

21. supersalo, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016

supersalo thread starter macrumors 6502

supersalo

I think all of the iPhones ordered from Apple (not the carriers) come from the factories in China (they have for me every year so far).

Looking at the schedule, there's another outbound flight scheduled to leave tomorrow night (Taiwan time) and get to Anchorage around noon Thursday afternoon. Looks like they scrapped trying to go out today.

UPS has several flights leaving during the afternoons to Louisville, so as long as it does leave Taiwan tomorrow, it should get to me by Friday.

22. supersalo thread starter macrumors 6502

supersalo

Update: UPS has a second Taiwan -> Anchorage flight for tomorrow: UPS 6061

Looking at the history of UPS6061, it looks like it's only added whenever there's a problem with UPS61. It's only flown 5 other times this year.

23. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

This is some private-investigator-level information! How are you finding this information?

24. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

One of my iPhone 7+ also had last status as arrived in Taiwan at 2:32am. Hoping the flights get out soon!

25. powerocool macrumors 6502

powerocool