Upsetting rant about my iPhone 4S Order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iZeeshan, Oct 9, 2011.

1. iZeeshan macrumors regular

Most of you probably don't care but I feel like I have to rant about this. I was even able to get $250 credit from AT&T for early upgrade! After everything went relatively smoothly with the order, I knew something would go wrong.

I was able to order 2 hours after pre-order launch pretty easily, after a few site crashes, and even able to change the shipping address a day later! Oh gosh, how I wish I hadn't!

I'm at college and it was being shipped to my home address but I changed it to have it sent to my college address, but now I have to go home on a medical emergency because I need surgery and I won't be back at college until Sunday!

I know on a real-world scale, this is such a major first-world problem and I shouldn't even be bothered that much, but I can't help but be upset about this, especially since I had my iPhone 4 stolen recently. It's agonizing thinking that my iPhone 4S will be sitting in the mailroom for 3 days before I can access it. I called Apple and they can't change my shipping address.

AAAAGGHHHH. Okay done.

2. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

If I was you, i'd be more worried about my surgery than my iPhone.

Just saying.

3. pashtun macrumors newbie

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Feel better now? Good.

Good luck with your medical emergency.

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

6. ethana macrumors 6502a

I would be much more worried about "I have to go home on a medical emergency because I need surgery" than a damn iPhone 4S.

Get your priorities straight.

7. wpotere Guest

OMG life is OVER!!!

j/k get well soon and stop worrying about the little things.

8. DDar macrumors 6502

DDar

9. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

You got a $250 credit for an early upgrade when most others couldn't and you still find something to complain about. Deal with it!!!

10. lionqueen macrumors 6502

I actually get where he's coming from-ever think he might want to have his new phone to play with while he recovers? Nowhere does he say the phone is more important than surgery, ffs. He's just frustrated because now he won't get it on friday.

OP-that really sucks... Just try to keep in mind how happy you'll be when you get it on Sunday :) can i ask what kind of surgery you're having? I understand if you don't want to say.

11. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Wow, seriously, what if you got hurt permanently from malpractice and couldn't ever use a phone for the rest of your life?

You need help.

12. 2010RS macrumors 6502

This guy clearly has his priorities in life in the proper order.

1. iPhone 4S
    2. Personal health
    3. Everything else

13. Melodeath macrumors 6502a

14. urkel macrumors 68030

Or have the phone installed inside you. With Siri then you dont really need to touch it in order for it to be useful.

15. Droid-Prime macrumors newbie

Thats what you get for ordering crappy iphone4s.

16. pgp78 macrumors newbie

Fedex, which I believe Apple uses for iPhone orders, lets you change the address of any shipment destined to you before it gets to its final destination. Once the order ships and you know the tracking #, call Fedex and they will let you update the destination. It might delay the shipment by one day.

17. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Wrong. If iPhone 4S was his first priority, he would be staying at college waiting for his phone.

18. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

How the F are there so many people like this who get their iPhones stolen. I mean seriously. It's not like its an automobile where you park it at a shopping mall parking lot and leave it for a few hours. Its a freaking device that sits in your pocket.

Are you really that absent minded to set it down on a table and walk away? If you are, you need one of those devices like what the punks in the 90's wore to keep their wallet on them. A chain that attaches to your iPhone so you don't forget where it is.

19. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Nope, once it ships, you cannot change the shipping address. You can have it declined, then it will go back to where it shipped from and reship to the new address.

Have you ever been to college? There are literally people who don't even go to college, watch people like a hawk and steal there phones.

20. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

21. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

Ok, I can believe that. But it still doesn't negate the fact that the iPhone owner was absent minded enough to leave their phone sitting on a table.

22. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

This thread makes the world go from round to flat.

23. Droid-Prime macrumors newbie

Because airhead iphone owners leave their iphones on a desk?

24. I8P'CS macrumors 6502

Its so sad people value a phone more than life. When we all die we can't take these materials items with us. Your operation is more important surly a friend can sign for it for you. Besides it's a phone plz calm down.

25. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Have someone pick it up for you and send it out, or just wait. Unfortunately those are your only real options.

You're making a lot of assumptions about the nature of the theft. Not everyone keeps their phone in their pockets 24/7. It may have been in a bag, in a dorm room or wherever. It may have even been taken with force.

Don't be so high and mighty just because you own an iPhone.