***URGENT*** ***iPhone 5 LAUNCH CONFIRMED SEPTEMBER 5th!!!!***

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by k0m4r1k, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k0m4r1k macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 launch confirmed by a visiting Apple official in Russia, having talks about opening Apple stores. In a private meeting, he said iPhone will come preloaded with iOS 5 (predictable) as well as packing a whole load of new hardware and software improvements such as 8Mp cam with 1080p 60fps capability, HD front facing camera for facetime, improved dual core A5 chip (which is said to be a re-branded qualcomm snapdragon) as well as a 4.2'' retina display with the same pixel density. Speaking to this man, he said that "this will not be a bomb, it will be nuclear.". apple is expecting this to beat the iPhone 4 and 3Gs sales. Speaking of FaceTime, Apple is said to allow 3G facetime calls, but in lower quality, and HD in WiFi areas.
    The new product will be unveiled with "whole load of other goodness, and another HUGE product".

*IMPORTANT* *THIS IS NO GOOF, TROLL OR POINTLESS ATTENTION SEEKING!!! THIS IS PURELY INTEREST BASED INFORMATION, FROM AN OFFICIAL BUSINESS CORPORATE*

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

3. taskmanager macrumors regular

Cool. I hope if they are using the snapdragon they have worked on power consumption issues. Would be nice to have 4G and an 8 hour battery. I would love to see pics of it, however no one wants to be Jason Chen 2.0

4. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

Don't know what to think about your post... Seems extremely weird in my opinion, no offense but I'm not taking it seriously :p

5. B777Forevar macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

6. haddman macrumors regular

I hope they surprise us and include LTE capability. Verizon surely will not be happy if AT&T can tout their iPhone as the only 4G capable iPhone.

7. Zalatorisaurus macrumors member

Zalatorisaurus

I'd love to take this seriously, but I don't think I can. I find it hard to believe that so many details would be given out.

8. k0m4r1k thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea

I get it you guys think im trolling!! I have no reason to, and I wouldnt waste my time like this! This is serious ****!
    I'm not lying, I work for a business company that sells property, and my mum actually sleeps with the guy who owns it, and so I got this info through the official when he was talking about purchasing property. He never thought I would be an arsehole and post it on macrumors :cool:

9. Zalatorisaurus macrumors member

Zalatorisaurus

Wait. Is he an apple exec or a guy who owns an apple store?

10. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

So your mom sleeps with a guy who knows a guy, who needs property in Russia.

I'm confused? Apple is putting out a new phone? This is freaking awesome!!!

11. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You will need to back this up with a concrete source or this thread will not last long. Hoaxes result in instant bans according to the rules.

12. Zalatorisaurus macrumors member

Zalatorisaurus

Yeah. And if this is true, why don't you tip BGR or something.

13. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Why is this visiting "Apple official" any more credible than some Apple store employee stating their opinion of when the iPhone is coming out?

14. kre62 macrumors 68000

We already know the A5 is not a snapdragon. Its a Cortex A9. We already know this cause the chip is already out, and residing in the iPad2.

And 4.2" display with same pixel density? That would require a new resolution, which would be pointless and stupid, and cause unneccesary strain on the devs.

15. MonkeySee...., Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011

MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

If this wasn't in such a large font size, I don't think I would have believed it.

16. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

17. k0m4r1k thread starter macrumors newbie

**** no one believes me. I'LL WATCH YOU GUYS IN DESPAIR WHEN IT DOES COME OUT AND IT WILL BE EXACTLY THIS.

18. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

Because his mum is sleeping with the guy. Come on, dude!

19. mfr1340 macrumors regular

let me ask your mother if it is true!

20. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well because you followed up with an all-caps post, I guess you must know. for the boys, can you at least post pics of your mom to see if she is credible?

21. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

You know what, I'm just going to believe the OP. Can't wait till that date.

22. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

Judging from your writing style, and the bolds at the end, I can tell it is trustworthy information, thank you

23. ViperXIII macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5274d Safari/7534.48.3)

September 5th? So Apple is gonna launch their new phone on a national holiday that is associated with people being at the ballpark, lake, cookouts, etc. and anything anything but standing in line for a new phone???

24. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Monday.... Labor Day in the US? Probably not.....

25. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Could work in their favour. Anyway it's not like it's a national holiday all over the world on that day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.