URGENT Need a 2013 Mac Pro Part.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by moshearjun, Jul 27, 2014.

1. moshearjun macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

To make a long story short I need a part for my 2013 Mac Pro bad. The locks switch on the case felt kind of funny sliding so I took it off and took it apart, but when I took it apart I lost the back part of it. Now I can't find it. I went to Apple to get a replacment but they said without the one to send in they can't get me another one. they sent me to a local shop with GSX access to order it, but it never comes it, the shipment always gets delayed or rejected. Can anyone help me.

The part number is 923-0499 The part is called
    the “Housing Lock Switch”

2. moshearjun thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey Brian,

Thanx for the reply. I tried them first. I contacted them because their site and phone number didn't seem too legit. Ultimately all they have is GSX access to order parts. So I went with a bunch of local established shops with GSX access just for security. Every shop I ordered from the parts ship date just keeps getting delayed and ultimately rejected. The techs say it's rare, but it might be because of short supply?

3. handheldgames macrumors 6502a

handheldgames

4. moshearjun thread starter macrumors newbie

:eek:handheldgames,

You know, when I read that post I got shamefully excited that this ordeal was finally behind me. Unfortunately I'm referring to a 2013 trashcan Mac Pro. :mad:

5. handheldgames macrumors 6502a

handheldgames

Whoops... sorry.. I didn't catch the 2013...