US Apple Store stock info - updated every 15 minutes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrat93, Jul 24, 2008.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

2. shamash macrumors 6502a

shamash

apple has SO MANY.

why don't they send some to AT&T. bastards.

3. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I agree, it's unfair. However, there are like close to 2000 AT&T stores (I think), so even if they allotted 5000 for AT&T stores, each store barely gets any. I think my store averages around 4 shipments a day. Worst day was 2 shipments, best day was 8-9 shipments.

4. yode macrumors 6502

If I'm making a new account with at&t,is there a way I can get some sort of 'voucher' that would enable me to go to an apple store to pick one up if the at&t store is sold out?

5. chaoses macrumors member

chaoses

seems like people getting the 16G BLACK more than 16G WHITE? The 16G BLACK are out of stock at many places.

6. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

is Apple catching on? All stock is showing red now.

7. dhowse macrumors newbie

Apple having most of the phones is hardly unfair. They make the phones and AT$T pays them $100 for each activation. If you were Apple you would be crazy to leave that $100 bill on the table.

8. SBik2 macrumors 6502a

SBik2

the site says apple has now changed the values on that site to null so it wont work anymore

9. mowbr4 macrumors member

10. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Yep...

"NJ":[{"name":"Tice's Corner","storeid":"R013","city":"Woodcliff Lake","url":"\/retail\/tices\/","available":{"black8":null,"black16":null,"white16":null}}

11. skyloader macrumors newbie

too bad. it wasn't perfect but it helped me check local availability throughout the day. i think the stores will be getting a few more extra calls about stock from now on...

12. dunadin macrumors newbie

If we're somewhat lucky they will switch it on 9pm ET and off 9am HT. That will still work for most folks on the east coast I guess.

13. bigmouth macrumors 6502

I'm sure this has been noted before, but you can actually check Apple's own availability site throughout the day. Just set your system clock to midnight and refresh the page. They update it throughout the day, but it's not always reliable.

14. Wailord macrumors 6502

I don't think you can change your clock, either- I doubt every Apple Store is out of every model. I think you can only check when you're supposed to, so I'm assuming it goes live at 9EST.

15. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

You used to be able to do that, but the availability page actually referenced the same file that the site linked above was using:

http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/feeds/3g_us_inv.json

So you won't be able to pull that trick anymore it seems. They'll probably change the null values to their correct values after 9PM EST.

16. MacSKY macrumors member

Can someone explain to me Apple's logic for not wanting customers to know which of their stores has them in stock at any given time? Makes no sense to me at all.

17. MasonMI macrumors regular

How does that link work when i open it up its just a bunch of characters a jumbled together.

18. w0ngbr4d macrumors regular

I was hoping someone would write something like this. I don't see any reason why Apple would shut it off. Doesn't really matter if they turn it on after 9 pm since most stores are sold out by then. Maybe it should be called the out of stock indicator.

19. drfluid macrumors newbie

It's 5 pm PDT and it seems to be working properly.
    I changed clock and tried the apple availability web page.

20. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Does it contain stock for ATT stores aswell or just Apple Retail

AND BTW -- Apple would be crazy to give too many IPhone 3G (Their signature device which they work so hard on) [but still has so many manufacturing defects found in units] to a ****, underserving company like ATT]....

21. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Works fine for me now, too. No clock change (my work laptop is locked down).

BL.

22. wronski macrumors 6502

Find your store's name and if it says "true" next to the model that means it's in stock.

23. bigmouth macrumors 6502

Really? I just tried it (changed my clock to AM) and it worked like a charm. Am I missing something?

24. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

No, you're not missing anything. The values were null for several hours earlier today but it's working again now. Unknown at this time if this was an accidental glitch or purposefully done by Apple to prevent checking the inventories before 9PM local time.

25. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Only Apple stores.