Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dernhelm

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2002
middle earth
Sometimes I find it hypocritical that so many people are crying foul. Unless you are a vegetarian or belong to a vegetarian denominator, I don't think you get a vote on judging this marine.

How does being an omnivore have anything to do with cruelty for cruelties sake? That's all this is about. The puppy could not have harmed the marine, but the marine decided to kill it anyway, and in a very cruel way.

Anyone who doesn't think cruelty to animals eventually translates to just plain cruelty to anything or anyone is simply hiding their head in the sand. Most violent criminals have no regard for any life, animal or human.

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2003
I just saw the video. They're being punished for that? It's just a dog. They didn't hurt anyone.

LittleJon

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2008
Hey, what about all those times the Marines paid, out of their own pockets, for animals and children to be sent to the US for medical treatment or animal adoption? You never hear about that. Way to circulate bad news.

It is easier for others to point fingers and search out bad news than to search and compliment the good, you rarely ever see anything positive in todays media.

Mpulsive81

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2006
McKinney, TX
It is easier for others to point fingers and search out bad news than to search and compliment the good, you rarely ever see anything positive in todays media.

I completely agree. The Marine Corps is the smallest and the toughest branch of the armed forces, which has made us a target for bad media and publicity for quite some time. One bad apple and *BAM!* all of a sudden there's a flood of senators and crazy peace fanatics trying to get the Marine Corps disbanded.

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
How does being an omnivore have anything to do with cruelty for cruelties sake? That's all this is about. The puppy could not have harmed the marine, but the marine decided to kill it anyway, and in a very cruel way.

Anyone who doesn't think cruelty to animals eventually translates to just plain cruelty to anything or anyone is simply hiding their head in the sand. Most violent criminals have no regard for any life, animal or human.
Have you even read what was the reason the marine cited for his actions?? The truth of the reason is debatable, and he shouldn't take joy in it or filmed a video. but please do read the posts/replies.

What is going on over there is violent and cruel

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.