Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new iPhone 13 (2021) this September?

• Yes

Votes: 1,180 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 178 12.1%
  • Not sure/Maybe

Votes: 116 7.9%

• Total voters
Oppsie. OP got suspended ?
Why lol ??

You cannot suspend a Goddess @TheYayAreaLiving
Oh no…what happened???
Oh no…what happened???
You know what I meant right ?as your watery eyed emoji is not sitting well with me.
Yea I figured. probably not the best idea to be discussed about others. It's just heartbreaking~
Agree 100%. She made pre-orders a lot of fun and that is a big reason why I decided to join these forums. Anyone know if it is just a temporary slap on the wrist or a permanent thing?
"Enquiring minds want to know...like me!"
Somebody spill the beans already.
Thank you for your wonderful thoughts. I have RETURNED....

batman.gif

dark-knight-ending.gif

Last edited:

nylon

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2004
Are the delivery dates on the Apple website accurate? Ordered a 13 Pro yesterday and eta is between the 15th-22nd.

Kalik

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2021
I bought my first iPhone a few days ago (regular iPhone 13 non-Pro)...can someone answer a basic question for me... is there a way to tell if a movie is playing in 4K DV?...I have an LG 4K DV OLED and every time DV content is enabled I get a pop-up on the top right hand corner of the screen

does the iPhone 13 have something similar where I can verify if I'm getting 4K HDR?...I have a subscription to Apple TV+ and it works fine when using my OLED plus Apple TV 4K box...the video works fine on my iPhone 13 but I can't tell if it's being output in Dolby Vision 4K

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
I bought my first iPhone a few days ago (regular iPhone 13 non-Pro)...can someone answer a basic question for me... is there a way to tell if a movie is playing in 4K DV?...I have an LG 4K DV OLED and every time DV content is enabled I get a pop-up on the top right hand corner of the screen

does the iPhone 13 have something similar where I can verify if I'm getting 4K HDR?...I have a subscription to Apple TV+ and it works fine when using my OLED plus Apple TV 4K box...the video works fine on my iPhone 13 but I can't tell if it's being output in Dolby Vision 4K
I don't think so.

Kalik

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2021
I don't think so.

so there's no Setting or maybe some developer tool or app I can use which verifies if I'm getting 4K/HDR?...or since the iPhone 13 uses an OLED screen and is 4K Dolby Vision capable it means that all content that is available in 4K will automatically play in 4K?

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
so there's no Setting or maybe some developer tool or app I can use which verifies if I'm getting 4K/HDR?...or since the iPhone 13 uses an OLED screen and is 4K Dolby Vision capable it means that all content that is available in 4K will automatically play in 4K?
It means that if the content is capable of being played in HDR, it will automatically play in HDR on the iPhone.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.

I do believe that there are websites that will serve up videos at specific formats for testing. I did a bunch for my iMac Pro after a video card upgrade. It deliberately tried to overdrive the card to test it. I'm sure there are some sites that do that for mobile devices too. Maybe even YouTube can try to pump out some high-def content.

RumorConsumer

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2016

It will be bright as hell. That’s how you know.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Can you really tell? Seem like with such a small screen it wouldn't make much of a difference. 2k v 4k

nquinn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2020
Are odds of a 14 mini pretty much 0% at this point given low sales of the 13 mini and no rumors of a 14 mini yet?

My old iPhone 8 is getting pretty old/needs a battery but I wasn't impressed with the super modest performance improvements from A14->A15 and same notch. The new camera and slightly improved battery life for the mini is nice, but not quite a big leap.

Hope everyone’s been doing well. I’m having a change of heart 4 months in.. I want to sell my 13 mini and get the regular 13
All is well. Thank you for reaching out.

How's the battery life of the mini treating you? Are you sure you don't want to wait till March/April? I'm sure Apple will be introducing the new SE along with the new colors of the iPhone 13.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
All is well. Thank you for reaching out.

How's the battery life of the mini treating you? Are you sure you don't want to wait till March/April? I'm sure Apple will be introducing the new SE along with the new colors of the iPhone 13.
Howdy! Hope you’ve been doing well. I got the 13 yesterday and loved the bigger screen instantly. I missed it. I think because I have small hands I was thinking I’d enjoy the mini which it was a great phone, but the screen was a bit cramped. Now we’ll see what iPhone 14 brings but at this point I’m content.

esf215

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2013
Happy New year everyone. I have the 13 pro max and thinking dropping down to the 14 pro next year. Do any pro users wishes they got the max?

Happy New year everyone. I have the 13 pro max and thinking dropping down to the 14 pro next year. Do any pro users wishes they got the max?
Happy New Year to you too. Personally, I would not recommend dropping down to the Pro model if you have already the Pro Max version. I did that with iPhone 12 and It was annoying and hard to get adjusted to the size of the screen. Instantly, I regretted it and ended up getting the Pro Max. However, if size doesn't matter to you then it should bother you.

Hoping to see you during iPhone 14 launch days. This is definitely a good year to upgrade. Plenty of time to consider and think about. 😎

Reactions: esf215 and svish

PowerMac5500

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2021
Hello. I am currently at an 11 Pro Max, my wife got a new 13 (regular) recently. While I appreciate a some of the aesthetic features, and the improvements in low-light capability of the cameras. The NUMBER 1 thing that I would find it hard to live without is the super-wide camera. And, it's not even that great on the 11. But the shots I can get in with it, compared to what my wife's 13... make that the deal breaker for me. Everything else is a bonus.

Honeslty, given the iPad Mini 6 is my new daily device after my phone, if they made a Pro Mini with baller cameras, I would be all over that as my next phone.

Reactions: esf215

esf215

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2013
Happy New Year to you too. Personally, I would not recommend dropping down to the Pro model if you have already the Pro Max version. I did that with iPhone 12 and It was annoying and hard to get adjusted to the size of the screen. Instantly, I regretted it and ended up getting the Pro Max. However, if size doesn't matter to you then it should bother you.

Hoping to see you during iPhone 14 launch days. This is definitely a good year to upgrade. Plenty of time to consider and think about. 😎
True. I was thinking that, just wanted to hear it from someone else. lol.
Oh I will be there, every year for me. I cant even wait for WWDC

wgaller

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2012

I have a 12 Pro and will be moving up to 14 Pro Max in the fall. I find that I use my phone almost exclusively and iPad Pro collects dust. Got the 13 Pro Max for my wife this year and that size seems optimal for virtually all tasks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.