Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
Then your choices are simple. Either wait until Intel includes USB 3 in to their chipsets and Apple has had a chance to incorporate it in to their systems or buy one of the Windows laptops that has USB 3.

Apple CHOSE to wait to incorporate. You need to stop spreading the false information that only the next-gen chips allow for USB 3. Every manufacturer has it built in, so you're only confusing people.

THE FACTS: WHILE THE 2011 INTEL CHIPS NATIVELY SUPPORT USB 3.0, ALL CURRENT CHIPS AS WELL AS THOSE MADE IN THE LAST 10 YEARS WILL SUPPORT IT PROVIDED THE MANUFACTURER INSTALLS AN ADDITIONAL PART, A $5 PART THAT WOULD BE A SEPARATE USB CONTROLLER. APPLE ABSOLUTELY CAN GIVE OPTION TO HAVE USB 3.0 TODAY AS HP, DELL, ACER, AND ASUS ALREADY DO, IT'S JUST THEIR CHOICE NOT TO. EVERY OTHER MANUFACTURER IN THE PRICE RANGE OFFERS USB 3.0 NOW ON CURRENT OR OLDER CHIPSETS.

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
Why not wait a year for better technology, instead of having one year of USB3.

Because in a year there will be another new, faster technology just over the horizon. If consumers thought like you they'd always be waiting for the next technology. If manufacturers thought like you there's never be new adoption of technologies as they'd always be waiting to see what's next. Silly.

pastrychef

macrumors 601
Sep 15, 2006
New York City, NY
Apple CHOSE to wait to incorporate. You need to stop spreading the false information that only the next-gen chips allow for USB 3. Every manufacturer has it built in, so you're only confusing people.

Where did you see me spreading false information? You need to stop confusing people and falsely saying I'm spreading false information and confusing people.

All I did was imply that Apple is not going to incorporate USB 3 until it's a part of Intel's chipsets.

Again, if you want USB 3 so bad, your current choices are (1) to buy another manufacturer's computer or (2) wait until Apple begins using Intel's next gen chipsets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.