Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ric cardoso

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2016
I still have not found a USB-C adapter that allows me to charge my iPhone, while the Macbook is also charging.... I don't want a bulky one, this is the only occasion when I will be needing to use it

Is there any adapter that looks like the one from Satechi adapter below, but with USB-C charging, HDMI & the regular USB charging instead?
413XqsFH6UL.jpg
I liked this one, i was looking for a hub with sd slot

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
This would also be a great alternative by Incipio, but pretty steep at $79
incipio_type-c-dock.jpg

I don't see this Incipio one on their site or on Amazon.

At $50, I think I'll get the Cynergy one anyway. I don't really have a need for HDMI, and I need Ethernet and could benefit from multiple USB ports right off the bat. Also, their customer support acknowledged that the Ethernet is native to OS X, so no poorly-written third-party drivers needed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018UGVYFU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_s0ErxbFR143KX

Last edited:

Macbook14in

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2016
Is there any charging cable that can be used interchangably between iPhone/iPad and Macbook? Similiar to picture below, except with USB 3.1 instead of 3.0
AluCableAdapters.png

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Plugable released their 3 and 1 display hubs. The one originally started on KickStarter but was unfunded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.