Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerBookNN

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2008
Annapolis, MD
I should have typed “I just ordered one, to be delivered in the near future.” I’ll come back and let you know when I get it. My hope is yes.
Thanks, I’ll be anxious to hear. I looked at this and wondered if it was too long on the base part. I thought it might work with the case open. Hope it works!

macdogpro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2020
I use this one from Baseus for the hinge port.

62AF0094-8E7E-4E19-A24D-7762CED0CCB4.jpeg E1E621DA-2398-4F7F-B419-09075C211803.jpeg

It supports 86W power delivery (no data transfer, not even on the iPad’s port), but it charges fine and looks great. Strong magnet as well. Easy to dismount.

Reactions: nicho

thefourthpope

Contributor
Sep 8, 2007
DelMarVa
Sorry you haven’t received it yet! Thanks for the update.
Came in the mail today. Seems to work, but not in the way I'd hoped. If inserted in the magic keyboard, the case will not close.

IMG_5913.JPG

In other news, I am now selling a "MagaBolt" in black, if anyone is interested. Seems like it would be ideal for someone with a MacBook.

Last edited:

PowerBookNN

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2008
Annapolis, MD
Came in the mail today. Seems to work, but not in the way I'd hoped. If inserted in the magic keyboard, the case will not close.

View attachment 951789

In other news, I am now selling a "MagaBolt" in black, if anyone is interested. Seems like it would be ideal for someone with a MacBook.
Thanks for the update. I’m really looking for one that can stay in the hinge when it is closed.

Reactions: thefourthpope

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
I ordered this one and it fits perfectly and allows for the case to close (it’s quite sleek actually). Only had it for a day, so I can’t comment on longevity. But, the cable seems sturdy and the USB-C end lodges in the charging port firmly. The magnet seems strong enough and releases as designed.

PowerBookNN

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2008
Annapolis, MD
I ordered this one and it fits perfectly and allows for the case to close (it’s quite sleek actually). Only had it for a day, so I can’t comment on longevity. But, the cable seems sturdy and the USB-C end lodges in the charging port firmly. The magnet seems strong enough and releases as designed.

Thanks for the info. Wish you could buy extra tips! They said you might be able to in the future.

Reactions: Davidalan

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Did you receive these yet? If so, will the Magic Keyboard Case close if it is put in the hinge port?
I cancelled my order there was an issue with 60w and 100w cables and quick charging. I could not get an answer from them if they would support USB PD v3.0. Without that certification I was not going to purchase 10 sets for general use, $230.00.

PowerBookNN

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2008
Annapolis, MD
I cancelled my order there was an issue with 60w and 100w cables and quick charging. I could not get an answer from them if they would support USB PD v3.0. Without that certification I was not going to purchase 10 sets for general use, $230.00.
Thanks for the info! Sounded great in theory...I'm still on the hunt. I'll post here if I find a good solution.

Reactions: Davidalan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.