USB Ethernet adapter

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by aberrero, Nov 15, 2010.

1. aberrero macrumors 6502a

Anyone have an recommendations? There is a $7 one on monoprice that seems good but it is a hard dongle style that I don't like, and it requires downloading drivers off of some random website to work. People say it works fine, but I would like to know of one that is a corded style and also doesn't require additional drivers would be nice.

Also, if someone with an older MBA doesn't use their apple adapter, post/pm and I might buy it off you.

I need it to stream blu rays off of the drive in my desktop, so it should be able to do at least 5MB/s.

2. barmann macrumors 6502

There are a couple threads about that further down, even with a link to the monoprice Gigabit adapter of monoprice - where it is really hard to miss.

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

4. aberrero thread starter macrumors 6502a

:)

I'll take a look at that...

5. gb1631 macrumors regular

I ordered this one with my Maxed out MBA 11 along with the Air Super drive! They both work great! ;)

6. aberrero thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm sure they do, but I don't like buying overpriced accessories, particularly if I can get a gigabit one which is 2-3x as fast for 30% less money. I'm looking at the other thread to see what other people who bought it are saying.