iPad Use your PS3 controller tweak!

koakuma

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
On my ipad air, I was able to connect the ps3 controller to plat game when it starts up, but few seconds later ps3 controller got disconnected. I switch to my iphone5 it worked fine. Does anybody know why and how I can fix it?

mlovergaard

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
New York City
I am seriously considering jail breaking my iPad Air just because of this, my iPhone 5 is already jailbroken and this is just damn tempting.

adammacleod

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2012
Use your PS3 controller tweak!

Really looking forward to using this tweak. Can't get the ps3 controller to connect to my ipad2 though

Edit - got it. Make sure Bluetooth is turned off first

Last edited:

Polaroid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2013
The tweak is Controlers For All. There was a thread asking about this but couldn't find it right quick.
Omg I love this tweak, so many games were left on my iPad dead cause of bad controls or just uncomfortable for touch, but now I can enjoy most of them now - such a HUGE improvement, even for games that work well like ocean horn, the controller improves it soooo much :D

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
On my ipad air, I was able to connect the ps3 controller to plat game when it starts up, but few seconds later ps3 controller got disconnected. I switch to my iphone5 it worked fine. Does anybody know why and how I can fix it?
Quite likely a arm64 issue. I'm not sure how finalized BTStack is at the moment. From what I've read, people had better success (especially with arm64 devices) using 0.8-1 BTStack compared to 0.8-3. That said, I don't know if CFA will work with 0.8-1.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Any news on BluTrol? I've paid some $7 on it and would prefer it to having to purchase a new and, in many respects, inferior tweak.

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
Any news on BluTrol? I've paid some $7 on it and would prefer it to having to purchase a new and, in many respects, inferior tweak.
No news afaik as the developer said he didn't expect the JB so soon and was busy up until the end of January, so no one is really expecting any news on blutrol till feb :(

iMrNiceGuy0023

macrumors 68000
Jun 5, 2009
I finally tired it out on my iPad mini. Works great.

I've been playing Angry Birds Go and Dead Trigger 2

I found a list of games compatible so far:
http://www.reddit.com/r/iosgaming/comments/1tv84f/giant_list_of_games_compatible_with_made_for/

Phycoduck

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2008
Very impressed

I do love the games on the iPad, but miss the physical buttons, which is why I find myself returning to my PSP from time to time.

I paried my PS3 controller via bluetroll with IOS6, but the response rate wasn't good enough for the games.

I was going to buy a official gamepad for my iPhone, which is too expensive and again, response rate is poor at best.

This new solution is amazing, am now looking to play more games.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
quick question, I have this tweak working with my iPad Mini (1st gen) and my PS3 sixaxis controller. Will games like Call of Duty, etc. (games that are not racing games) work as you would expect? i.e. all the buttons of the PS3 controller mapped for specific functions on the game... gameplay similar to playing Call of Duty on my PS3?

the reason I ask is because I've never been a fan of the Call of Duty type games on my iPad because of the difficulty in using touch screen controls. I would like to buy Call of Duty: Strike Team and play with my PS3 controller.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

MicroByte

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
quick question, I have this tweak working with my iPad Mini (1st gen) and my PS3 sixaxis controller. Will games like Call of Duty, etc. (games that are not racing games) work as you would expect? i.e. all the buttons of the PS3 controller mapped for specific functions on the game... gameplay similar to playing Call of Duty on my PS3?

the reason I ask is because I've never been a fan of the Call of Duty type games on my iPad because of the difficulty in using touch screen controls. I would like to buy Call of Duty: Strike Team and play with my PS3 controller.

Thanks in advance!
Let me download CoD and see how it's all mapped. Give me a bit and I'll reply back.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Let me download CoD and see how it's all mapped. Give me a bit and I'll reply back.
oh, thanks! you don't have to download it on account of me, I can do that too. I'm just curious if MFi FPS games work with this tweak or not. but if you do download it, let me know! thanks!

SL4VE

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
Micro byte I violent get it working on COD or Modern Combat 4 which actually seems better than COD