Using a second-hand Unlocked iPhone 3G on AT&T?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Senny, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Senny macrumors newbie

I have a couple questions related to using an unlocked iPhone 3G (purchased second-hand) with AT&T. I'm hoping you can clear up the questions I have before I make the purchase so I'll know if it makes sense to do.

1.) I am an AT&T customer and already have the $15 data plan for a 3G non-iPhone phone and SIM card from it with AT&T. Is AT&T still going to require me to pay for the $30 iPhone data plan if I'm using that SIM card?

2.) Would I have any problems activating the phone?

Thanks. (I'm sorry in advance if the answers were obvious or if the wording to my questions were confusing. I looked around and couldn't find the answers so I figured I'd ask.)

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Before I begin, if it's second hand, then it comes already activated, no need for another activation.

1. You can use the $15/month plan; however, AT&T has the right to do (change it to the $30/month) so if you use that plan on an iPhone; however, in real world, their system will pick you up and send you warning texts and maybe one day, bam $30/month plan.

2. Not quite, it's already activated, all you really need to do is switch SIMS and enjoy.

3. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

This

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They will eventually catch on and contact you to switch to the correct data plan.
    Is $15 a month that big of a deal to you?