Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RebeccaL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2011
People do this all the time on desktop OS's. Macs that look like Linux, Linux with Windows themes, etc.

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
People do this all the time on desktop OS's. Macs that look like Linux, Linux with Windows themes, etc.

I think the only time I've ever done this was to make a Windows XP machine look like OS X by using a "dock" app, but that's because I prefer OS X, but couldn't afford to replace that computer at the time.

Apollo 13

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
don't know why you ppl compare these two OS they are so similar. I see the same games on both devices except that IOS has the unreal game which will show its face on android sometime. All this fighting of which is better is just stupid. Hell there crap load of ppl here that want android on their Iphone and even have android like themes on their Iphone because it's different.

Last edited:

MP4-23

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
Somethings like live wallpaper is awesome on Android phones and is even better on iOS!

JasonR

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2008
I've had both the iPhone 4 and HTC Incredible...I LOVE the 7 homescreens of the Evo...but that's about all I like about Android.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-gb; ZTE-BLADE Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Interstella5555 said:
Using and Android theme on iPhone is like:

Putting a brian in a dumb blonde :rolleyes:

Priceless....

Rofl! Good call. :D
But seriously, customizing an iPhone to ones taste is a good thing.
A friend of mine used to use his iPhone with a Windows Vista theme....

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-gb; ZTE-BLADE Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Rofl! Good call. :D
But seriously, customizing an iPhone to ones taste is a good thing.
A friend of mine used to use his iPhone with a Windows Vista theme....

I guess it is all about taste, Iwas going to talk smack and then remembered that my PS3 is themed as OS X, so there you go. I do kind of wonder about using the theme off of a direct competitor though, it seems to me if you like the aesthetics of the other offering so much that you'll go to that much effort to change the way your system looks you should probably just roll with the real thing. I mean, I don't have a XBOX 360 or Wii theme on my PS3.

MP4-23

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
I guess it is all about taste, Iwas going to talk smack and then remembered that my PS3 is themed as OS X, so there you go. I do kind of wonder about using the theme off of a direct competitor though, it seems to me if you like the aesthetics of the other offering so much that you'll go to that much effort to change the way your system looks you should probably just roll with the real thing. I mean, I don't have a XBOX 360 or Wii theme on my PS3.

Not necessarily... I for one like the look of things like live wallpaper on Android, but i love the "it justs works" os of the iPhone. Also, the app store is much better on the iPhone and with a jailbreak, you can do just as many things as you can with Android. I don't want an Android phone, but some elements of Android are nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.