Using AT&T Wifi's iPhone code on my Mac.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RiceRacerDX, Apr 13, 2009.

1. RiceRacerDX macrumors 6502

I have searched and the question has yet to be answered. My question does NOT pertain to tethering at all whatsoever. We know that the iPhone can get free wifi at AT&T wifi hotspots via a confirmation text message with a link allowing us internet access. My question is, does anyone know how to utilize the link on the text message (which allows this free wifi) to be used on a Mac?

2. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

I doubt it is possible. Do you use it at Starbucks? If so, sign up for the Starbucks card and register it online. It's free. It gives you 2 hours of free Wi-Fi and free refills. Also, if you buy a pound of coffee beans, you get a tall coffee for free.

Sorry, I guess that sounded too much like an ad but I'm obsessed with Starbucks! :cool:

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

No you are not, I do the same! :)

4. RiceRacerDX thread starter macrumors 6502

I actually frequent Barnes and Noble more.

After 3.0 is released it should be much easier to do this because of copy and paste and notes sync. All you'd have to do in 3.0 is copy and paste the link on the iPhone onto the notes app. Then sync notes to your Mac and you now have the link from there.

I've already tried to just type the link as I see it on my iPhone but it's way too long.