Using External Screen in Boot Camp

Discussion in 'macOS' started by majordude, Jan 28, 2008.

1. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

I just set up an external screen and keyboard on my MBP. :D

It works flawlessly in OS X Leopard (of course!). I close the lid and my other screen comes on.

But when I boot into XP and close the top of the MBP, the MBP screen stays on! I can't seem to figure out how to turn it off so that only the external one stays on. Any ideas? :confused:

2. Komiksulo macrumors 6502

You've installed the Apple hardware drivers inside Windows? (If not, they're on the Leopard install disk, and it auto-starts the installer under Windows.)

I wonder how well those drivers work, because I noticed that when I booted Windows XP directly from the Windows partition, my MacBook Pro ran extremely hot (though fast), while when I booted XP inside VMWare, the MacBook Pro was a lot cooler.

3. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

Yeah, U installed the drivers but I don't know what I am doing wrong or if it supports what I am trying to do.

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Try rebooting to windows [from OS-X] while the lid I'd still closed. I seem to recall some odd behavior on my MBP while trying to go from dual to single (ext display).

I run my MBP almost exclusively closed, with external display. When I want to boot to XP, I restart and use OPT on startup to temporarily select Windows as the boot volume.

5. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

That's what I did and it seems like XP went into sleep mode or something! I had to open the cover and then it booted up. Strange.