Votes: 26 70.3%

• Total voters

jondunford

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Going for a poo Moderator
ok thanks.
I'm sorry for being curious as to how other people tend to use their iPads?

If you don't share the interest why don't you get off this thread and post something constructive on a thread with a topic you are interested in. Or did you want me to flame you for all your interests that I don't share?

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
In my opinion using it plugged in some what defeats the purpose of the iPad. I use it as more or a portable device. If I was going to use something at my desk I would probably use my Mac Mini.

I generally only plug mine in when it gets down below 20%. I usually charge it over night and use it again the next day.

There have been rare occasions when I have it on a stand next to my monitor while working to watch Netflix but that's about it.

gnasher729

macrumors P6
Nov 25, 2005
In my opinion using it plugged in some what defeats the purpose of the iPad. I use it as more or a portable device. If I was going to use something at my desk I would probably use my Mac Mini.
Sofa + very long cable. You don't have to be at a desk to have it plugged in. Actually, I don't think mine was ever used at a desk but it is quite often used plugged in.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Sofa + very long cable. You don't have to be at a desk to have it plugged in. Actually, I don't think mine was ever used at a desk but it is quite often used plugged in.
I understand. My question is why you prefer it that way. Not that it matters, to each their own, just curious.

samiznaetekto

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2009
What good is a 10 hour battery life if its always plugged in?
It's better to have 10h battery life a year down the road than 7h due to used up cycles. If you're watching movies in bed for hours, within a reach of outlet, you're uselessly wasting battery health if you're not plugged in.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
It's better to have 10h battery life a year down the road than 7h due to used up cycles. If you're watching movies in bed for hours, within a reach of outlet, you're uselessly wasting battery health if you're not plugged in.
I don't think that's how it works ... but I could be wrong. I think the iOS devices are always running on battery power, even when it's plugged in.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
If you keep it plugged in all the time you are going to ruin your battery much more than using charge cycles ....

----------

Lol this is a really dumb poll. I should start a do you use your ipad while on the toilet lol. Cause I DOOOOOOOOOO
Me too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.