Using Ipod Touch to hack wireless network(WEP)?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by warhead55, Oct 16, 2007.

1. warhead55 macrumors newbie

I recently bought a touch not long ago, and I want to use the internet during school. However, the school locks it with a WEP code, and I cannot access it. Is there a way for me to download a program to the touch that will allow me to connect to it or find its password?

Oh and haha, is it possible to use hotmail on the email application for the Ipod touch?

2. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

Yes it's possible to crack, but no not crackable by the touch. Google it, it's a pretty easy thing to do.

3. warhead55 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I was thinking, doesn't the Ipod Touch have a program(with jailbrak) called Stumbler? I'm not exactly sure of the use, but couldn't that be the basis for a program that can potentially crack WEP's?

4. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

It could be, but I'm saying that currently, with the available programs, that is not possible. Once the unofficial SDK's are more widely available, I could see that happening, though.

5. warhead55 thread starter macrumors newbie

Damn. It would be awesome if someone could create a program that could do this. Imagine, internet wherever there is a router...

6. solyd macrumors regular

I don't see why it's not possible right now. Applications are still being developed despite the lack of SDK's.

7. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

Because third party groups are creating their own SDK's and frameworks.

Also here's some information regarding UIKit and iPhoneRuntime: http://www.cocoadev.com/index.pl?IPhoneRuntime

8. Reimer macrumors regular

Reimer

while cracking WEP encryption is possible, I highly doubt a touch would do the job. You can't just write a program and expect it to work. In the best scenario, you need to be able to inject packets with WEP cracking. I doubt the wifi adapter in the touch has the ability. Without this ability, it would take days or weeks to crack a WEP key.

and even if the wifi adapter could inject packets, the touch's battery would probably be dead by the time it's done

9. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

Very good points. The touch probably doesn't have the hardware, horse power, or battery life to finish the job in a reasonable amount of time.

10. ein macrumors newbie

yeah, google is your friend. Some of my buddies and I got our school's wep key through research from google and learning how to sniff packets. They recently started blocking mac addresses, so now I need to figure out how to spoof the touch' s mac

11. macchappy macrumors member

Maybe there's a password on the network for a reason?

12. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Imagine, in the UK you can get put in jail for using someone else's wireless without permission.

13. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

and in the U.S.

14. Tmchenry2010 macrumors newbie

Thats true
    lets just say that breaking in to your schools wifi isnt a good idea.... been there done that.... its not fun when you get caught...

15. savar macrumors 68000

savar

You're 100% correct...and that's assuming that anybody compile those tools for iphone in the first place.

Of course the OP could take a laptop to school one day and spend all day cracking the WEP. It only takes a few hours if you have the right equipment. But it's a tricky process that isn't user-friendly (Thank god) so please don't post here saying "How do I crack the WEP now??!"

And if you did manage to crack it, every time you used it they would register your MAC address, and odds are that the iPT has a unique manufacturer code that would tell your school's IT department somebody is illegally using and ipod touch on their network. And you would be instantly caught because you're the only one playing with an iPT in class.

16. steveo420 macrumors newbie

wow you guys give the schools so much credit lol everyone at my school used to go on on a touch till the principle changed the password because he got booted off the network

17. lilc93t4 macrumors newbie

18. Master Debater macrumors member

Our school is retarted. Their WEP password is 0123456789. We found it out the 2nd day they set it up.

19. Stickman1000000 macrumors newbie

how do i use google to hack a network

20. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

This isn't a place to ask questions concerning the breaching of network security. There are forums that focus around the topic for knowledge purposes (although many still use it for mischief), but I caution you to be careful with such a topic.

21. MRNextStep01 macrumors newbie

School Districts IT departments.

I worked at a school district as a network admin.
    For a while. the schools them selves do not have admins for the networks. The districts most of the time only have one or two of them.
    And they go from school to school. Most of the admins are temp workers. At lot of them are only there for a few months. And then they move on. So as you can see the schools might have something put in by a math teacher and then when it fails they call in the admin. And most of the time things are not worked on all that much, since there are not alot of admins to go around. And if the school wants something. most of time they have to do it themselves.

22. Tcstang macrumors newbie

can you get on to a hidden secured network?

my school dosent have the wifi except for on hidden network. is there a way to get on it?
    my touch is a 2nd gen and jalbroken and i found the network on an app called wififofum

23. wholewheatninja macrumors newbie

when you do this

is your ipod jailbroken?
    if so, download macspoof from cydia... this will enable you do mask your macadress with a fake one...

and youll need a packet sniffer and a packet injector compatible with whatever version of ipod/iphone firmware.

hope this helped

you didnt hear this from me..
    anddd dont get cought... thats grounds for expulsion

24. B ron macrumors newbie

ebel3003 help

I went to shouldbefree.net and it says that it is currently offline. Please help.

25. plas0417 macrumors newbie

yeah

to break in to lol. i like to hack stuff