UT III on PS3 tomorrow! Who's going to be playing?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by TantalizedMind, Dec 10, 2007.

1. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

My PSN ID is: TantalizedMind. I'll be on around 11PM EST.

2. erkanasu macrumors 6502

i'm stoked.

bought the first unreal, and then fell in love with ut99. theres no ****ing doubt, ill get it tomorrow. now that i have a macbook, ps3 is the only way to game....

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

This is quite confusing.

Basically it appears only a 'limited' amount of units are going to be available, the majority of ebay sellers and internets web stores are still reporting general release date as Feb/March 2008.

I really want to get hold of a copy 'now' rather than in 3 months time, but then there may be a downsize 'if' that is indeed how they are releasing the game. Being it's an online game, and without a general release how many people are there going to be playing online ?

I'm just hoping the internet has proven itself to be a source of misinformation and indeed the game is widly available, but if not - despite my best efforts I may still end up having to wait till Feb/March.

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Well once again I've received a call from my local supplier telling me he has my copy and a copy of orange box(which I will not buy) so if you wanna get pwned then add me.

I don't see any reviews for the game....very strange.

Bless

5. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

HAHAHAH :D :p good joke there 2NY, See you in game, hope you like dirt naps ;)

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

You got jokes huh....No wonder why I don't see you online anymore...when I do catch you in UT3 its all over for you;).

I got a redeemer missle with your name on it:p

Bless

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Is there/Will there be a demo of this? I've never taken to UT games but I'd like to see what the fuss is about.

8. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

I'm split between this and Orange Box. I'm only getting one.

9. takao macrumors 68040

takao

there should be a PC available afaik

edit: and the german translated version is hilarious ... seriously anybody who buys that piece of crap needs to be strangled

i played it on a PC with SLi 8600GT (what a waste of money) and it was hardly pleasant

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Good feedback on the game so far from the media.

I've ordered from an import vendor on ebay - should ship by Friday, here next week.

The thought of having to wait till March or April before it's officially released here is not a prospect I would enjoy.

edit: just got shipping confirmation from UK import shop so it should be here by Friday or Saturday hopefully. Damn that was quick. :)

11. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

There is a mutliplayer UT3 demo for PC. Just my opinion, but it looks like a horrible game for console... you have to play on max sensitivity otherwise you won't rotate fast enough. Fast paced games just don't work well on consoles.

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ The PS3 version is supposed to play 'slower' than the PC version, I assume this is to compensate for the difference in control and the fact a console player will be playing further back from the screen.

FrameRate and graphics are meant to be on par with a topped out PC rig though.

13. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

That's great news. I hate "fast" shooters. Also, does anyone know how UT3 plays as a single player? I know the "Tournament" is for multiplayer....but is there enough there for someone to play alone? How are the bots AI? Is there a single player quest or just the tournament matches?

14. takao macrumors 68040

takao

then this game is clearly not for you

edit: and UT being slowed down is hardly great news for any fan of UT

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Okay I got my copy of UT3 last night I haven't played online yet(I want to touch up on my UT skills plus I got smoked in my one and only online match)

The games looks beautiful and the controls are smooth(customizable control settings) and really responsive. Although the game has been slowed down its still fast and aiming is on point(only tried controller so far)
    The vehicles are great along with the weapons(The feel powerful)

So far I see no slowdowns or tearing....but I'm still playing single player.

My Complaints:
    Its a little too fast for me I can't play this game for more than an hour....My head starts to hurt.
    The mic button is mapped to the right direction button which is a pain to press whiles using the left stick...plus mic support is screwed up now.

From my time with the game I think its a very good game and with some of the mods will be excellent.

If you are into fast pace shooter then this is for you BUT if you can't take the topsy turvy then pass up on this one.

Bless

16. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

I don't know about you guys, but this is still a great game. It's still fast paced and I don't see any of the slowing down to compensate for it being on a console. I'll check it out on PC tomorrow when I go watch my friend play it on his gaming rig and I'll see how it compares to the PS3.

Also, UT3 still plays like a PC game for me since I use a keyboard and mouse on the PS3. Only difference is that it's being played on a plasma screen.

17. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Yeah so where are you guys....I haven't seen any MR peepz online fragging....especially EdH

The Game is getting better reviews than its PC brother....nice to see PC/Console games getting on the same lever....for now

Bless

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

PC at 84%, PS3 at 88%

"Out of the box, however, Unreal Tournament 3 is a mediocre presentation, and brings little new to the table."

Another non-blockbusting UT game that I'll skip out on then.

19. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm really trying to get your point here but once again I missed it I guess...I said the scores were better...are you trying to say because the game is getting in the low 9's high 8's that it doesn't matter or because the PC version is rank at 84% doesn't mean much anyway?

Quoting one negative about the game that is clearly getting great reviews is not the general opinion or stands as facts for that matter.

Anyway I'm enjoying the game and it looks like theres a lot of players on PSN playing as well....I'm guessing thats a good thing.

Bless

20. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

What we need is another Unreal game, not another Unreal Tournament game. I want a good singleplayer focused fps. The original Unreal was great. I don't remember if I played Unreal 2....

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

No, I'm saying that in a year full of 90+ scoring FPS games than an 80 is a little poor. The game looked mediocre to me (the series has since the first '03 version) and reading the reviews it seems to continue the trend. If you like the series it's probably very good. But for someone wanting a good console FPS shooter I'll look elsewhere.

Wondering why the PS3 version got a higher score though. It doesn't have anything exclusive above the PC version, they've actually slowed the game down and you don't get the proper SDK/Level maker.

22. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Still hasn't arrived :( Hopefully tomorrow.

23. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I'll be online most of tomorrow. I'm stuck at work today until 12-1am, maybe longer :(

Don't be so eager to take a dirt nap 2NY, there is plenty of time for that :p

Edit: I just got home.. 3:25am..

24. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I've read some of the reviews and most of them are saying it feels like UT3 was made for the consoles...I agree with them on this one. They made a good transition from PC to consoles on this one....the force is strong.

I'm not sure about the mod kit being on par with the PS3 one...I was reading the UT3 forums and some say theres no difference.

Bless

25. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Does anyone know when is it going to be released in Europe?