Utilize iphone 2G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sambuev, May 30, 2011.

1. sambuev macrumors member

sambuev

Hello guys, I have old iPhone 2G with the dead screen and I want to utilize it properly and somehow get some money. I remember I saw some website where you can utlize any kind of electronics and get some chep money. For iPhone2G they're paying $8. They're removing all your personal information also. I looking for this site now and I cant find it, I forgot the name and Google can't help me :( please anyone help me to find this site!
    $8 at stake!!!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Going to cash that all in one go, or take yearly instalments? :p

Seriously, you could get a lot more than that on eBay. I don't see how $8 is worth your time.

4. sambuev thread starter macrumors member

sambuev

I want to delete my private photos from iPhone and I can't sell it, because then anyone can access to my private information. I can't delete it by myself either 'cause I cannot login to iPhone anymore, I forgot all the information about this iPhone. That's why I decided to sell it to this site for $8 dollars, I going to buy a Starbucks coffee then. :D

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I doubt they'll be able to wipe it clean if it doesn't connect to the computer. Plus, how do you know that they actually will erase everything?

6. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Agreed.

I don't understand why you're uncomfortable with some randomer viewing your photos, but you trust some company with them instead.

If you want your data gone, take a hammer to the flash chip on the logic board. Job done. Surely you'll have a lot more peace of mind knowing that your data is gone for good, you can't guarantee that when it's in someone else's hand.