Vaja Debuts iVolution Stripes 2 for 3G (9/24)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by maddan, Jul 24, 2008.

1. maddan macrumors regular

The same case was available for the iPhone (1st gen), and is now starting at $110 with a handicraft process of 30 days. This is one of my favorite cases on the site. Though I do not have it, I would have gladly waited until now to buy this one instead of the SP I ordered if I would have known it was going to be made for the 3G, as well.
    Vaja Choice Site

2. 390kwt macrumors newbie

i had a vaja SP for my first gen phone. loved it. will probably order one for the new phone

3. maddan thread starter macrumors regular

Does it really take 45 days to ship? I ordered the SP for iPhone 3G (dark blue stripe and black case) on the 8th of July... My iPhone isn't shipping for another ten days probably, and I'm hoping they both come at the same time. I've decided I won't use my iPhone until the case arrives. Is it truly worth the money?

4. cualexander macrumors 6502a

Yeah it looks awesome. I love that the belt clip is optional. I don't like having a belt clip and the cases in the apple store did.

It looks like for $10 less you can get it sans stripe. Still $85 is a pretty penny for a case. Especially now that the phone is $200. But its probably worth it. I know Vaja has been around forever and they do quality work

The 45 days is probably due to the fact that everything is handcrafted. And actually reading more, each case is made after you order it. In other words, they have no stock. Oh and the fact that their production factory is in Argentina probably doesn't help matters either. But the more I read their site, the more I crave one.

5. Peter-P macrumors newbie

I ordered my Vaja case on 14 July (Black leather with a red leather stripe & my name embossed) and received confirmation 24 July of shipping via Fedex from Argentina. Expected delivery in UK is quoted for 29 July. US$ 77.00 inc shipping. Should look quite cool with a black 16GB iPhone 3G and the pouch style will keep 'phone safe from scratches, although the plastic cases are very solid.

6. 390kwt macrumors newbie

If y'all haven't had a vaja case before, you will love it. the fit is absolutely perfect and the quality of the leather is first rate. Mine was black with a dusty olive (khaki) stripe (just sold it on e-bay) very custom and professional.

For delivery, mine took exactly what they said, no sooner. patience... it's worth it.

Next vaja will have a brighter stripe

7. nyfinest32 macrumors regular

8. 390kwt macrumors newbie

the front flap didn't bother me. folded it back

9. random person macrumors 6502a

I just got the Vaja Top (stripeless) for my 1st gen phone just to cure my new gear lust for the moment. I figured that with the Vaja case and 2.0 I might just convince myself that I dont need to get the 3G phone -- I want to hold out for the 32gig model.

Anyway I ordered the all black Top for the first gen phone because they keep that one in stock. Still took a week to receive it as it was held up in customs for no good reason that I can tell.

That said, listen -- the Vaja Top/SP is BY FAR the coolest case I have ever used for my iPhone. And I have used at least seven cases for it so far: let's see, the iSee v.1, iSee v.2, Showcase, Marware sportsuit, A.B. Sutton slip,
    DLO hip case, InCase slip case with belt clip. To varying degrees I have hated them all but this Vaja well it is the best!!!! For one thing it protects the entire phone, and since I have the dropsies with this phone I am grateful for that. For another, the fit and finish is simply astounding. The leather is protective but beautiful and it has that drop-dead-gorgeous look even in plain black. When you get a call you can answer it incredibly quickly as if it had no cover on the screen. The flap is easy to adjust to, as you can just fold it back when you are on a call. It snaps shut reassuringly and opens easily. Just brilliant design.

And ooooooooooooooooooooo that new leather smell -- intoxicating!

Whatever the wait, it is worth it.

With a 45 day wait period I may never buy a new iPhone -- I couldn't stand to be without this case! Maybe the 32gig that I crave will have the same 3G chassis -- whaddya think? So maybe I should order the case for the 3G phone in advance of new versions????

I'm in love with Vaja.

10. minik macrumors 65816

11. elo macrumors regular

Vaja Angst

I'm curious about your statement above. I own the equivalent (SP?) case for my iPod touch, and positively love it. But I was concerned about the flap on the iPhone, in part because I was afraid it would annoy me when answering calls and look strange when using the phone. What do you mean when you say you could answer calls as if the case had no cover?

I was eagerly awaiting the iVolution case for the iPhone 3G. Now that it's on their site, I'm not so sure. Aesthetically, I can't quite get around the strange logo thing in the upper right corner. I think a symmetrical treatment up there would have been far preferable.

At any rate, I'm now back to the whole flap thing. If the flap really isn't an issue (as it isn't on the Touch), then I'm probably good to go. So, if anyone can reassure me, please do.

12. bozs13 macrumors regular

I hate you all...

You friggin bastards are making me get this case aren't you?

I've been looking for a sweet case and just bought a case from incase just to do for now. I looked at this website and I had to change my pants! Screw you all....*goes to order the SP*

EDIT: damn this case is sexy, I have a real weakness for things that look good

13. random person macrumors 6502a

What I meant to say is that it is incredibly quick and easy to flip the cover open, so that you can answer calls as quickly as if the case had no cover. The phone rings, presto chango the cover is down and you can answer. I fold the cover back so that the cover doesn't dangle while I talk but not always. It's not a big deal to manage that aspect, but it is great to have the whole phone protected, including the screen. About the only negative I've noticed is that the interior of the leather cover does seem to smudge the screen when closed. I'd thought the screen would stay pristine, but no. Ther emust be oils in the leather that get on the glass. Whatever, I still love mine and am surprised by how "quick draw" it is to answer a phone call -- MUCH better than a slip case or holster case, and only fractions of a second slower to answer than a naked case (no screen cover)>

14. 390kwt macrumors newbie

well, i caved and ordered one last night. As above, black with a red stripe (what can I say, you picked a great combo)
    the hardest part is selecting the color combination you want.. Lots of nice colors, clip/no clip and personalization if you're inclined
    It ended up being $102 with shipping for no "add-on's"

15. elo macrumors regular

That makes sense, thanks for the clarification. As I mentioned the flap has never bothered me on my iPod touch case, so I don't even know why I'm worried about it now. And as others have observed, their cases are truly beautiful. I should stop obsessing, order, and enjoy.

BTW, my Touch case is black with the dark blue stripe. That combination also looks amazing.

16. bozs13 macrumors regular

just ordered the SP as well

Black with Vibrant Orange stripe (I have a weakness for orange, one of the only colors my little color-blind eyes can see) ;)

$102 here as well (after $17 for shipping)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. minik macrumors 65816

I noticed that some readers here mentioned the iPod touch. Since the iPod touch is not a phone and you won't hold it near your face (when handfree is not an option), a case with a flap is difficult to compare in this condition. Am I right?

18. bozs13 macrumors regular

Sure, of course there's a difference. But having one for your iPod touch should let you imagine how it would be with your iPhone...just put it up to your head. :)

It's not such a far stretch, although it is a little different, I agree.

19. elo macrumors regular

I'm just chiming in again to mention that black with a vibrant orange stripe looks pretty awesome. That's all.

20. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Looks nice, but I ordered the pouch type case from Vaja for my iPhone 3G. I like having full access to the phone while in use. The black + orange looks great!

21. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I would've got the ivolution SP if it didn't take 45 days to make. Maybe I'll get one by the end of the year. I hope Vaja offers preorders for the next iPhone.

22. pittster macrumors regular

they did for the 3G.
    they sent me an email about 10 days before release of the 3G with a link and pics & pre-ordering info.

23. ltsching macrumors member

I ordered one as well!

The SP with black/red stripe plus the clip. I also had reservation about the flap as I was wondering if it would look awkward and impede the usage of the iPhone as an iPod in landscape mode (like watching a movie). But I liked the fact that it protects the front screen. A quick question: when you charge, do you have to take the iPhone out of the case or do you just open the flap and plug in the connector?

24. macmedal macrumors regular

Damn I just ordered last week the Classic Pouch ! Now the Ivolution is available with clip !!! Wonder if they will let me change my order ??

25. hwangeruk macrumors newbie

doesnt allow port access. pretty annoying if you want to plug your car radio into your iPhone, I wouldnt want to flip it everytime, as that is annoying.
    they should make one with the flip up the other way and expose the port. :)