Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
Sounds like a plan! Picky, you WILL like it, trust me. Great quality. Worth >250? That is debatable, it's smaller than a purse and doesn't do as much as a wallet. I'd say no on the price. Maybe more like 175 (like a fine leather wallet maybe). But the design, protection, and leather combined bring it damn close to its value! Enjoy!

Great, I ordered the black n red limited and most likely, i'll order the Christmas gift early to make sure its here before then. Thanks!

Nieval

Suspended
Mar 13, 2008
I received my case this morning and, this being my first vaja purchase, i can honestly say that the quality is top-notch; one of the finest i've seen. I opted for a reed yellow case with a vibrant orange stripe - those being my favorite colors and living in Saudi Arabia it helps against the sand. I couldn't find my digital camera so photo booth will have to do but when i get a chance i'll post proper pics.

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 121
  • Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Photo 3.jpg
    Photo 3.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Photo 4.jpg
    Photo 4.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Photo 6.jpg
    Photo 6.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 108

maddan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
I received my case this morning and, this being my first vaja purchase, i can honestly say that the quality is top-notch; one of the finest i've seen. I opted for a reed yellow case with a vibrant orange stripe - those being my favorite colors and living in Saudi Arabia it helps against the sand. I couldn't find my digital camera so photo booth will have to do but when i get a chance i'll post proper pics.

I was reluctant to get a white/soft colored case for my black 3G thinking it might not look too hot, but yours looks very nice.

Nieval

Suspended
Mar 13, 2008
I was reluctant to get a white/soft colored case for my black 3G thinking it might not look too hot, but yours looks very nice.

Thanks alot. Although you can't really tell from the poor lighting its reed yellow blends subtly with the orange. I was expecting the inside to be red (like in the black cases) and made my picks with that in my mind, but all in all, i'm very pleased with how this turned out.
In many respects, the case feels like a wallet and making it black, to me, cancels out the distinguishing (for lack of a better word at the moment) factor about it. Don't get me wrong, the cases i've seen in this thread are all gorgeous.
One thing you should know though is that with use the leather gets worn and the creases may flatten and fade. To me this has happened on the side where i press to pull the front off. I wouldn't expect that to happen with the dark colors (with any luck i'll find my digital camera and show you what i mean).

tommib

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
UK
Has anyone got the iVolution, the one which isn't flip and has the face exposed but protects the corners, and if so how is it? I ordered mine 45 days ago and have heard nothing from Vaja. Tom.

maddan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
The iVolution Stripes 2 is now available at $100. It looks amazing... Vaja is getting creative with the 3G.

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
Received my Black and Red Limited Edition today, and all I can say is WOW. Love the look, the smell, and the feel of the quality leather. It fits the phone perfectly. Well worth the price. This is the one and only case I will ever need.

snverhallen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2007
I really think these cases are nice, except I wish they came with a model that had full protection but wasn't a flip out style case. In other words I want a SwitchEasy Colors style case (full protection, no flip-out etc.) but made with the leather, and hand-made quality of Vaja.

snverhallen

EliteKiller

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
While the Vaja cases are exotic looking, I don't think I could deal with the flipped down front while talking on the phone. Is it annoying?

LOL, snverhallen and I are on the same sheet of music. :D

madonnasmanone

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2008
I finally got my BEAUTIFUL, AWESOME, and quite frankly SEXY Vaja case, today. I'm very pleased with it. The smell of the leather is intoxicating. I ended up putting a small piece of scotch tape over the SIM Card Tray, because it rubs against the underside of the upper lid. I took a few shots with my iPhone, so, they aren't the greatest quality. The color is black with rosso stripe. It looks orange in the shots, but, in reality it is a nice red. I just wanted to share my joy with you all!

photo.jpg

photo01.jpg

photo02.jpg

photo03.jpg

photo04.jpg

I HIGHLY recommend this case to anyone!

WORDLYPURRFECT

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2008
While the Vaja cases are exotic looking, I don't think I could deal with the flipped down front while talking on the phone. Is it annoying?

LOL, snverhallen and I are on the same sheet of music. :D

YES- I gave to admit that as nice as the case is, as well constructed and nice leather, the drop down is getting very annoying, as is the fact that every time you charge or update your ipod, you have to open it. I didn't think it would bother me when I ordered it, and it does a bit. But it's pretty!

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
I thought the flip down would bother me, but actually it doesn't. Opening the case is much easier than I had expected, and the flap hanging there is not all that annoying. My ONLY complaint is having to have the case open while charging, especially in the car, where it has to lay on the passenger seat.

madonnasmanone

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2008
I am so happy I ordered this case. I really love it, and it looks great covering the iPhone 3G. The top flap hanging down is not a bother at all, and the case is easy to open. As others have said, the only thing that I don't like is having to have the case open to charge. However, it's just a minor complaint. All in all, this is the best case I could have ordered for my iPhone 3G.

Also, it should be noted for those looking to order a case, it appears that they have dropped the time to create most of the cases to 20 days. MUCH better than the 45 days (plus shipping time), that I had to wait in order to get mine.

J*man

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2007
Nice cases everyone. Does anybody know if an iPhone with bodyguardz on will fit in a Vaja case?

splogue

macrumors demi-god
Aug 1, 2008
Cary, NC
Nice cases everyone. Does anybody know if an iPhone with bodyguardz on will fit in a Vaja case?

Yes, sure will! It is in the case a bit tighter than normal, and the front flap, if you get a case with one, snaps on a little tighter.

For those of you on the fence about the Vaja cases, I'll weigh in on mine.

I got the black and red special edition with no clip. It looks fantastic -- really the best looking case I've seen yet. It is very slim, and doesn't add bulk, but the leather is soft and somewhat pillowy due to the thin layer of padding between it and the ABS form underneath. The texture on the special edition looks great and adds an expensive feel to it. The red interior makes for a nice surprise whenever it is opened. Very sharp from an appearance standpoint.

I do find the front flap annoying, particularly because it has to be left completely open to plug in a charge cable and it won't fit in the universal dock. It is a shame they didn't put the hinge at the top -- I think that would have made it easier to use.

It came in about three days after I ordered it too, so that was certainly a pleasant surprise!

Sean

marcfogel

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2007
Finally submitted my order;

ivolution for Apple iPhone 3G
Front: Caterina Lemon Drop
Back: Caterina Dark Blue
Inside: Caterina Baby Blue
Without Clip
Personalization: No

Cannot wait to receive the package via FedEx.

Did you get it? How do you like it? Is it too big to carry in your pocket/ How does it feel holding the phoine up to your ear? Any pictures?

Thanks

DJHess

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2008
Longer Wait than expected!!!

Okay, I ordered my iVolution GT case on 5 Sept, credit card charged on 8 Sept. The production time when I ordered was 30 days. It's now over the 30 days...so I emailed Vaja:

Hello,

I emailed recently to find out where my case was in production. I was informed, by an ambiguous general statement that it would be 30 for production time.

Within the past week, Vaja has decreased it's production time from 30 days to 20 days. One would guess that you are completing orders faster than expected.

I ordered my case on 5 September. My card was charged on 8 Sept.

I now ask kindly for a specific time as to the shipping of my case? It has been over 30 days now.

REPLY:

Dana,
We are having a considerable demand at present, which is bringing about some delay in our production schedule. We are working now to reorganize our production processes, but until we can completely achieve that, the delay is still present. Anyway, our Production Department is already aware of your request and they will try their best to speed up its release. We estimate your order may take another week to get finished.
But, if you consider this wait not proper and want to cancel the order, we can perfectly understand it; please let us know and we will do it.

Best regards,

Maria Cecilia
Garcia Querol
Customer Care Department
http://www.vajachoice.com

So now I have to wait another week for production and probably 5 days for shipping, if not more.

Not Happy:confused::confused::confused:

JohnnyRoaster

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2008
I have been waiting for the Black & Red to come back in stock on the Vaja site. I finally got tired of waiting and ordered up a iVolution 2 in black with the dark blue stripes. I checked the Vaja site again last night and now they are available. Only they have changed to Black and Orange. I liked the look of the red better than the orange. They had a couple of new cases as well for the 3G. It is going to be a long 20 days until my case ships. I will post some pics when I get it.

hartgeh3

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2006
I ordered my iVolution GT on 3rd Oct, so will see when it arrives, hopefully in the 20 days!

Doju

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
Uuuuuggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

After being ten days late after the 30 day estimate, they finally sent me the FedEx shipping e-mail. I clicked the link and FedEx said it would ship be shipped in five days.

I wait five days. No luck, and the damn 'expected arrival' field still said the same day. I called FedEx (hard) and after digging, they say, "Huh, it's sitting in customs." the woman seemed absolutely puzzled. After well over an hour, she finally managed to get it back on board, so it seemed, and said it would be delivered Thursday (today) before 5:00PM).

It's past then now, and I'm still caseless. I call them yet again, quite pissed off this time, as the company doesn't even know how to do an accurate estimated delivery, yet alone if a product is sitting in customs for eternity.

Anyway, she says she wants my visa card number again (what?), and I'll be hit with $20 on top of what I've already been paid. Why? I refused, talked to a manager, and after well over two hours of bickering and very pissed off diversing, she said it will be another week until it's delivered.

FedEx. Are. Idiots.

Can't wait for my case, though.

madonnasmanone

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2008
The new Black and Orange LE does look nice. I bet it will be sold out before the day is over.

It's very nice.

You were almost right about it being sold out. The version without the clip is now "Out of Stock".

I'd love to order one, but, I just can't justify the expense, right now, with Christmas coming up, and so many other things I want to get.

I'm very happy with my current Vaja case, but, someday I will order one of these LE cases. I like the grain of the leather, and the solid black color on the outside.

hh83917

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2005
I've received my vaja iphone 3g case ordered a month ago. Overall, I think the build quality is not as good as the original iphone 2g one, but it is still good. But I have problem with the silence switch on the 3g case because the back of the case is too wide which made it hard to switch off the silence switch on the side of the iphone 3g. Does anyone with the 3g case have the same problem? The original iphone 2g case was well designed, not sure about the new vaja 3g case... :mad:

SherriA

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2008
Clip question

Vaja cases are the absolute best cases you can get for the iPhone! I had one for my 1st gen iPhone and I have one on the way for the 3G. Yes, they are expensive but, I am a firm believer in the old adage, "you get what you pay for." $107 U.S. delivered in my case.

I got the iVolution for 3G in dark blue with a gray stripe and the clip:

vaja.jpg

vaja3.jpg

I'm curious... if you have a clip on the back, when you hold the phone with the flap folded back to talk (like most people say they do), does it cause an indentation on the leather?

I finally made my color decision last night and ordered one (with the belt clip). At first I was going to go with a dark background because it was a safe choice but then I thought to myself... I always take "safe" or "conservative" choices with things like this so why not get what I really want, even if it will probably show more wear than darker colors? So I did! I ordered the iVolution Stripes with lavender for the base color, then stripes of (L to R) steel grey, baby blue, and harbor. I wanted something feminine, but not pink! I had to do some looking at other products to get a true feel for the colors (the mousepad was a great one to use), and I think the colors will blend really well in person, but in these sample pictures I think the colors are off just a little bit. Even though it estimates 20 day wait I'm steeling myself for about double that time based on what some of you have experienced.

Picture9.png

Picture10.png

Picture11.png

I really wish they'd show the iPhone case preview face-on like they do for the iPod touch. Using the same colors (but, of course, the stripes scheme is different) this is how the color scheme looks for the iPod:

Picture12.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.